Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Thank you so much. I'll be doing another one soon. My dad and I leave on the Carnival Dream in 3 weeks. We're doing the 9-day repositioning cruise

Very Jealous. I don't have anything planned right now. I'm thinking I will do two next year, but this is the longest I've gone without anything planned and it's killing me!!

Very Jealous. I don't have anything planned right now. I'm thinking I will do two next year, but this is the longest I've gone without anything planned and it's killing me!!

Well get going on that....book a cruise. I am always looking for good deals. I just received an email from Holland America this morning for last minute rates. 7-Day cruises as cheap as $249.00. It is hard to turn down prices like that

Thanks for this thread. I'm sailing the Imagination in a couple of days out of Long Beach. Your pictures are great! Glad you enjoyed your cruise with your dad.

You will love the Carnival Imagination. We love the Fantasy class ships. They are so easy to navigate. :)

OMG! Addicted to your Review! We just booked a 5nt on the Sunshine for February 2015. Kids are at school and DH is a work and I am parked in front of the lap top reading every word. We booked an aft balcony on deck 5. Loving the option of the taste bar in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are also on the Sunshine in Feb 2015 and we also have an aft balcony booked. Are your children coming with you? Our daughter who will be 11 will be with us.

I just spent my entire Sunday reading your review - just finished. I loved your photos and your dad is hilarious and such a good sport. I'm still undecided about cruising but your review has me much more interested....if only it didn't cost me more to get there than to be on the cruise itself.

(I found your review using the search engine trying to see pics of the Serenity area of Sunshine.....and it brought me here. I'm so glad it did :) ) I appreciate the amount of work you put into this....thanks again.

I just spent my entire Sunday reading your review - just finished. I loved your photos and your dad is hilarious and such a good sport. I'm still undecided about cruising but your review has me much more interested....if only it didn't cost me more to get there than to be on the cruise itself.

(I found your review using the search engine trying to see pics of the Serenity area of Sunshine.....and it brought me here. I'm so glad it did :) ) I appreciate the amount of work you put into this....thanks again.

Happy to hear that I could keep you occupied today. My dad just goes with the flow.....he just wants to do what I like to do. You would love a cruise....it's the only extended vacation that we will do. I hear ya about the cost to get there.....flights are often more expensive than the cruise.

I hope you decide to go on a cruise....you will be hooked. My dad leave for our next cruise in 19 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013297_zps7f36fbf7.jpg

We played Geography trivia won. My dad was a pro on this trivia

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013299_zps2b9f7c7f.jpg

The Red Frog Pub

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013301_zps6af41d22.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013302_zpsa931b407.jpg

The cruise had officially begun.....we won our first ship on a stick

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013303_zps96b08a42.jpg

We enjoy the Red Frog beer

Love the Thirsty Frog Brew ... I'm not a beer person , yet my cruise doesn't start until I've had a pint and a Slice of pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Prior to our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine I had contacted John Heald to see if Jaime Dee would come to our meet and greet. She did way more than that. She came for about 45 minutes and took pictures with anyone who wanted one. She thanked Tammy and myself for putting this meet and greet together. She drew the winner of the 50/50 raffle

KreweOfSunshineKruisers_Dec8th201345_zps503d83b2.jpg

Me and Jaime Dee. She was an awesome cruise director

KreweOfSunshineKruisers_Dec8th201346_zps7018a995.jpg

Tammy and Jaime. Tammy collected all the money for our meet and greet party through her PayPal Account

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2600_zpse7ad4bdd.jpg

Drawing the winner of the 50/50 raffle

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2579_zpscb46425c.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2601_zpscc5490b4.jpg

Sean and Cayla won the 50/50 raffle

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2605_zps3243ec0b.jpg

Out of the 6 cruises I've been on Jamie Dee is tied for first along with John Heald . She is so personable and friendly

Love the Thirsty Frog Brew ... I'm not a beer person , yet my cruise doesn't start until I've had a pint and a Slice of pizza

I am not a big beer fan either but there is just something about the Thirsty Frog.....it is good. But for me the cruise has officially started when I have my first Drink of the Day

Out of the 6 cruises I've been on Jamie Dee is tied for first along with John Heald . She is so personable and friendly

Yes she was awesome. I couldn't how long she stayed at our meet and greet. She waited around until everyone had a chance to get a picture. In all of our cruises with Carnival there are only two Cruise Directors that I can remember....Jaime Dee and Wee Jimmy. I have cruised with Wee Jimmy twice (on the Sensation and on the Legend)......if you ever have he chance to cruise with him you should GO

Loved reading this review !! Seeing photos of the ship brings back good memories aboard the Destiny back in 2008 , what a great "face lift" she had haha . One day I hope to be aboard the Sunshine . Yet this review is getting me more and more excited about my up coming cruise on the Freedom in June . I myself as yourself cruise with my parents . I love it ! I've cruised with friends and other family members but ALWAYS have the best time with my parents though

Loved reading this review !! Seeing photos of the ship brings back good memories aboard the Destiny back in 2008 , what a great "face lift" she had haha . One day I hope to be aboard the Sunshine . Yet this review is getting me more and more excited about my up coming cruise on the Freedom in June . I myself as yourself cruise with my parents . I love it ! I've cruised with friends and other family members but ALWAYS have the best time with my parents though

Have fun on the Freedom. I also did a photo review from our cruise on the Carnival Freedom. I will post a link so that you can enjoy the review as well.

I cruised once on the Carnival Elation with some friends but it just wasn't the same....my dad is my cruising buddy :)

Jamie seems like a good cruise director.... Too band all the cruise dirt or will be in Miami for a conference the wee we sail

Yeah she was very good. She was always out and about meeting everyone and she would always stop and chat.

I am cruising on the Dream on April 5th. It's still up in the air who our cruise director will be.

Thanks for the link for the Freedom review ! It was great ! Silly question ... Are the doors like a normal size ? I know silly but I want to get a full size door sign made for my moms birthday while we are on board ( it's a surprise trip!) so I was wondering if you knew about it ?

Thanks for the link for the Freedom review ! It was great ! Silly question ... Are the doors like a normal size ? I know silly but I want to get a full size door sign made for my moms birthday while we are on board ( it's a surprise trip!) so I was wondering if you knew about it ?

The cabin doors are narrower than what you would have at your home. And they are metal on the Freedom if I remember correctly. I can't tell ya the exact measurements but if you would call Carnival they may able to tell ya

Normally I do not post here. I like to read reviews of others and enjoy the pictures. This particular review caught my attention more than any others in the almost 10 years I have been a cruiser.

That said, I do not wish to discount or talk down any other person here that puts effort into reviews and takes the time to share their experiences with others.

Carnival.... I'm looking at you here !! You have your next potential John Heald in front of you. Wrigley80's ability to convey through concise and reader friendly commentary along with some of the most complete and insatiable photography make for a perfect storm of promotability for your cruise lines without the deluge of fake empty marketing we as vacation hungry people are quite tired of.

My first cruise was a reluctant choice between a Grand Canyon trip vs. a Carnival caribbean week. I was totally lost in regards to choices and planning for the trip. Lets just say I learned a great deal and was hooked by the end of that week.

Our lives for the most part are consumed by things that need to be done by yesterday and go by so fast you would think there is only an hour in every day. A cruise has a wonderful ability to slow things down. A cruise has a way to help convince you that its ok to relax. Regardless of the naysayers of cruises.. the ability to be on the water, listen to the waves at night, see the stars without the light polution from a city, that all meals are included, you stop in different locations.... i could go on but bang for the buck..cruises are it for me.

To some, planning a vacation/cruise can be more stressful than why the vacation was needed to begin with. There are so many variables to consider: itenerary, cruise line, cabin, cabin placement, ammenities and so on. Some people thrive on that. With seven cruises, I am happy to say planning for a cruise is a particular favorite thing to do. But what of those that dont have that prior experience/desire to do that? This is where Wrigley80 comes in.

I understand that some would like to maintain the mystery of what is onboard when they cruise. From what I have seen, the great people on this board like to see the tidbits and see things they will be looking forward to sharing... so no spoiler alerts needed. Give it to us Wrigley!

Forget the "Quest for Platinum" endeavour. Carnival should place you (and your dad ) on every ship in the fleet! You have a gift of relating to the lay person just as well as the technical inclined every detail and thoughtful insight on just about every question our giddy inner child would have for any cruise. Just as I would have a question about what something looks like in your review...POOF there is the picture. Your reviews are broken up into managable pieces and flow in a way that simply makes you want more. I have not been on the two ships you have been on but you sold me where any corporate attempt would have either caused an eyeroll or bored me to death.

Wrigley80 ( you better still be listening Carnival ), your review is like falling off a cliff of stress and landing in a pile of Christmas!

Wrigley80 you do a great service to this board and to those whose lives you touch. You are kind, patient, generous, thoughtful and an avid cruise nut we can't get enough of. Keep up the wonderful reviews and may they continue to inspire and help those looking for an escape or for just a way to slow down for a while.

Carnival, give this girl a contract!

btw, even though my name here is TAPNKEGS, I have never had a drink in my life...the irony made the name stick :)

Normally I do not post here. I like to read reviews of others and enjoy the pictures. This particular review caught my attention more than any others in the almost 10 years I have been a cruiser.

That said, I do not wish to discount or talk down any other person here that puts effort into reviews and takes the time to share their experiences with others.

Carnival.... I'm looking at you here !! You have your next potential John Heald in front of you. Wrigley80's ability to convey through concise and reader friendly commentary along with some of the most complete and insatiable photography make for a perfect storm of promotability for your cruise lines without the deluge of fake empty marketing we as vacation hungry people are quite tired of.

My first cruise was a reluctant choice between a Grand Canyon trip vs. a Carnival caribbean week. I was totally lost in regards to choices and planning for the trip. Lets just say I learned a great deal and was hooked by the end of that week.

Our lives for the most part are consumed by things that need to be done by yesterday and go by so fast you would think there is only an hour in every day. A cruise has a wonderful ability to slow things down. A cruise has a way to help convince you that its ok to relax. Regardless of the naysayers of cruises.. the ability to be on the water, listen to the waves at night, see the stars without the light polution from a city, that all meals are included, you stop in different locations.... i could go on but bang for the buck..cruises are it for me.

To some, planning a vacation/cruise can be more stressful than why the vacation was needed to begin with. There are so many variables to consider: itenerary, cruise line, cabin, cabin placement, ammenities and so on. Some people thrive on that. With seven cruises, I am happy to say planning for a cruise is a particular favorite thing to do. But what of those that dont have that prior experience/desire to do that? This is where Wrigley80 comes in.

I understand that some would like to maintain the mystery of what is onboard when they cruise. From what I have seen, the great people on this board like to see the tidbits and see things they will be looking forward to sharing... so no spoiler alerts needed. Give it to us Wrigley!

Forget the "Quest for Platinum" endeavour. Carnival should place you (and your dad ) on every ship in the fleet! You have a gift of relating to the lay person just as well as the technical inclined every detail and thoughtful insight on just about every question our giddy inner child would have for any cruise. Just as I would have a question about what something looks like in your review...POOF there is the picture. Your reviews are broken up into managable pieces and flow in a way that simply makes you want more. I have not been on the two ships you have been on but you sold me where any corporate attempt would have either caused an eyeroll or bored me to death.

Wrigley80 ( you better still be listening Carnival ), your review is like falling off a cliff of stress and landing in a pile of Christmas!

Wrigley80 you do a great service to this board and to those whose lives you touch. You are kind, patient, generous, thoughtful and an avid cruise nut we can't get enough of. Keep up the wonderful reviews and may they continue to inspire and help those looking for an escape or for just a way to slow down for a while.

btw, even though my name here is TAPNKEGS, I have never had a drink in my life...the irony made the name stick :)

I second this notion. Well said.

We sailed with Brianna and her dad Rick on the Sunshine cruise and can't wait to sail with those two people again this Dec. on the Dream. they are wonderful people to be around and I am sure she will have a great review of the Dream in April and again in Dec.:D

WOW!!!!!! You totally just made my day....I can't wait to read this to my dad later. Thank-You so much. It is because of wonderful people like you why I enjoy doing these reviews when I return home from my cruise.

We NEED to be FRIENDS.....please send me an e-mail to butzy80@gmail.com

YOU ARE AWESOME and AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Wonderful review of Wrigley80 review She is awesome. Dad/ daughter duo rocks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Thank-You dear friend :) Only 15 more days until we leave for vacation on the Carnival Dream.....I have already started packing ;)