Is there more than one port in the Bahamas?

FP4BMO

hi there

We are travelling on the Glory in February and our first stop is in the Bahamas, is there more than one area that ships dock at or is it always the same? What town/city is closest to this port. I know that the itinerary says Nassau but just trying to get a sense of where we are docking on the island.

thanks for the quick responses, just trying to narrow down some ideas for excursions, want to make sure we arrange them for the right island/area

Think there is room for more than 6 ships. Wish they all didnt go here much nicer places to go.

This is where I saw it.

I know it says HAL but It is still CCL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_San_Salvador_Island

didnt know that.. I read somewhere NCL was the first line with a private Island.. i wish I could take a cruise wouldnt matter ship and just visit private islands.. that would be cool Dont really care to go back to nassau.or free port

Don't forget Grand Turk...my wife's favorite Bahamas island.

Grand Turk is part of Turks & Caicos, not the Bahamas. Completely different country.

Nassau I can skip, love Freeport, don't much care for the private islands since I'm not a beach person and there's NO culture there at all. Great for the "sanitized" tourist experience. The beach is beautiful at Half Moon if you are a beach person, though.

Don't forget Grand Turk...my wife's favorite Bahamas island.

Probably her favorite because it is not part of the Bahamas! Lol

Just wondering if anyone has ever called Nassau their favorite? There must be one or two cruisers that have I would guess

Probably her favorite because it is not part of the Bahamas! Lol

Just wondering if anyone has ever called Nassau their favorite? There must be one or two cruisers that have I would guess

British overseas territory...off and on Bahamas ,currently off.(even part of Jamaica once.)

Been a long time since Nassau was a favorite.