IPAD cellular

Emmasoma

Assume you are referring to your Golden Princess cruise.

A little reading on the Princess board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

or on just about any board here would reveal it isn't cheap to use cell phones on a ship. Check on the Princess board for exact policies, procedures and prices.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Definitely speak to your service provider.

There are several different pricing issues. At sea you can use your cell service (on a iPhone, iPad, tablet, whatever) but only through an service aggregator which has an agreement with the major providers and the cruise lines. AND they add a cost on top of your roaming charges.

Then in port, whether you are charge local, roaming or international (roaming+) charges depends on your provider and your level of service.

I don't know about all providers, but Verizon, which I have, has a cruise page on their website, or if you call, the service people really know what you need to do and what it will cost to get service where and when you want it. I've bought additional service for just the term of my trip that allows me service in all or some of the ports on my cruise. I've only used the "at sea" service when it was really really critical because it's expensive.