Do you normally arrive the day prior to sailing?

My1Day.com

LAX to Ft. Lauderdale = redeye flight arrived at 5:30am and had to kick it in the airport for five hours. No fun, but saved a ton of $$ on hotel and airfare.

Burbank to Seattle (twice) = morning flight day of departure. No problems or issues.

Three cruises within same day driving distance = no problems.

We always arrive the day before, but that is because we fl.

If driving were an option, we'd always just drive the day of.

Two sided coin. If you travel in winter and your flight is cancelled and you don't get out that day, you're flying standby next day. Life is a gamble. I've flown over 20 time the same day and the only time we had trouble was in the winter and we were 2 hours late but we had plenty of time. Besides if enough folks are late the ship will wait as long as it can.

I'm definitely in the minority here............We always will drive from central VA to Baltimore, Charleston, New York, or Jacksonville the morning of the cruise with a noon arrival. Never a problem.

If something bad happens we'll deal with it, I'm in a wheelchair.......I deal with adversity on a daily basis.

Living so close to the port, I wouldn't bother going to Baltimore the night before, unless you got a KILLER, KILLER hotel deal. To mitigate the chances of problems, I'd just wake up super early to leave. Giving myself a 2 hour or so window just in case.

We always travel the day before but since we are in St. Louis nothing is easily driveable. LOL. Not worth the stress.

Its winter and weather often cancels flights. This past weekend flying in a day early didn't work.Lots of cancelled flights and lots of folks flying standby. that's why insurance is a good idea.

For our first cruise, we were living in Sacramento, CA and had to drive 6 - 7 hours down to Long Beach. We left at 3 am that morning and arrived right at 11:00 am, and had no problems, but it was also in May, which was an excellent time to drive. This year we are taking a cruise in October out of New Orleans, we are leaving a day early because I'm nervous about fog and other delays. It's easier on the mind knowing that you are already near the port, and you can relax. You can also get a chance to visit the area and start your trip early! Go a day early.

I always fly in at least a day early...although with this snow storm shutting down the airports up here in NYC and my upcoming cruise THIS WEEKEND, I'm starting to wish i had flown down a week early!

fingers crossed that the flights are back to normal and that i'll be relaxing on my ship by this time next week. :D