Wrong birthdate on reservation

I checked the first four pages of threads and didn't see this topic so I hope I'm not duplicating a post. We are booked for our first cruise on RC in April but have not done the online check-in yet. I was checking this morning for a couple of things and noticed that our birthdates were incorrect. They both showed to be this date in 1949.....Jan 2, 1949. I sure didn't want a trainwreck at embarkation so I called and got it changed to the correct dates. The agent mentioned something about some changes that had been made to the website, maybe as of 1/1, but I don't remember the full explanation. I'm guessing I could have changed them when I did the online check-in but I'm waiting to do that after I've made the final payment. After sailing with Carnival several times in the past few years, I can assure you that RCCL doesn't have the market cornered on website problems.

I checked the first four pages of threads and didn't see this topic so I hope I'm not duplicating a post. We are booked for our first cruise on RC in April but have not done the online check-in yet. I was checking this morning for a couple of things and noticed that our birthdates were incorrect. They both showed to be this date in 1949.....Jan 2, 1949. I sure didn't want a trainwreck at embarkation so I called and got it changed to the correct dates. The agent mentioned something about some changes that had been made to the website, maybe as of 1/1, but I don't remember the full explanation. I'm guessing I could have changed them when I did the online check-in but I'm waiting to do that after I've made the final payment. After sailing with Carnival several times in the past few years, I can assure you that RCCL doesn't have the market cornered on website problems.

On Royal, you can complete your online check-in as soon as you have a booking number. However, you won't be able to print the SetSail (boarding) pass until final payment has been made.

most agents don't even ask for a birth date. It's not required when booking. You fill that in online

most agents don't even ask for a birth date. It's not required when booking. You fill that in online

Birth dates are now required when you make a reservation, to insure you receive any senior rates and your crown and anchor matches, to complete the correct identity.

Thanks for eveyone's replies. My whole point was that you might want to check your birthdate on any existing reservations. I've never had that problem come up before and I sure wouldn't want to get to the port and have different birthdates showing on my passport and the reservation.

On Royal, you can complete your online check-in as soon as you have a booking number. However, you won't be able to print the SetSail (boarding) pass until final payment has been made.

We received our SetSail boarding pass today and we still have about 6 weeks before we make our final payment. We did not get our luggage tags though. They will come after final payment has been received by Royal.

We received our SetSail boarding pass today and we still have about 6 weeks before we make our final payment. We did not get our luggage tags though. They will come after final payment has been received by Royal.

You might be in a group. I know there are some exceptions to the ability to print a SetSail pass after final payment, and being is a group is one of them.

You might be in a group. I know there are some exceptions to the ability to print a SetSail pass after final payment, and being is a group is one of them.

No, no group. Just my DH & me. Maybe it is one of those website issues that they have been having. Thanks for the info though.