Miami hotel help for 3/28/14

PegNRay

I am looking for a reasonable hotel ($230 or less) for 3/28/14. There seems to be a music festival that weekend which is making a reservation difficult for downtown Miami. Are the hotels by the airport good? Can anyone make a suggestion? Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for a reasonable hotel ($230 or less) for 3/28/14. There seems to be a music festival that weekend which is making a reservation difficult for downtown Miami. Are the hotels by the airport good? Can anyone make a suggestion? Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the hotels in the "Blue Lagoon" area. Several good chains and restuarants in walking distance for most. Be careful of lower cost hotels in Miami. They can be real bad.

Use tripadvisor.com to help you know the area,choices and reviews too.

Edited by eandj

It looks like the Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport North has a few rooms still available on your date. They also have a cruise pkg.

I have not stayed there but from what I have read here on CC, the hotel is on the newer side and reviews were of the positive nature.

http://comfortsuitesmiamiairport.com/specials.html

I would book something and then cancel if you find a better deal. Between the Music Festival and Spring Break, it will be slim-pickins'.

Both the Ulta Music Festival and the Sony Ericsson Open are happening that same weekend, so hotels in Downtown Miami, South Beach, and Coconut Grove will either be booked or whatever vacancies there are, will be very expensive. Staying near the airport may be a better option.

We stay at the New Yorker Hotel on Biscayne Blvd about 4.5 miles north of the Miami port. It is a no-frills boutique hotel that was featured on a TV show that remodels hotels a couple years ago. There is a nice restaurant called Balans that is in walking distance. Has a great happy hour we go to in the afternoon & then go back later for dinner.