Started Atkins!

I started Atkins on Tuesday, and I am going strong! I feel good and I am rarely hungry! I am feeling lighter in my step but will not weigh in until I hait the one week mark. I am also walking atleast 2 miles a day. My DB is doing this with me, he did this samething last year and lost 40 lbs. But then he quit smoking and gained it all back! So I have 50 lbs. to lose before my Sept. 10th cruise on the Glory. I am determined to do it and keep it off.

Here we go..........

Skinny people will be on the Glory in Sept!!! And we will be included in that count!

Debbie:)

I too just started my Atkins AGAIN. I need to lose 30-35lbs. We are cruising in one month so I will not be able to lose that much. I'll take what I can get. I want to feel better thats all. Good luck to you and your DB! I'm off to make my eggs and bacon! Katie

I started back on Atkins on Monday. So far, so good. I was on it before and lost 84 pounds...have gained back about 20 of that. So now I would LOVE to lose 30 before our cruise Sept 1 on the Dream. I know from my previous experience that Atkins gets the weight off faster, and with less hunger than any other plan...and believe me, I've been on all of them!:rolleyes:

Oh Great!!...

Let me join you all. I think that the first two weeks are going to be the most difficult so joining in with all of you at the same stage is great.....

I am trying to loose 25 ILS by the end of September. Our next cruise is not until April 2006, but we are going to Aruba for a week at the end of September. (this gives me about 2 months)

I have actaully tried Atkins before with out much success. I figure this just cant be that millions can loose weight on this diet, but not me. So this time for the first two weeks, I am going to go exactally by the book. I am hoping that even a little cheat in the past is what prevented me from loosing...

Good luck to everyone

Janet

Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing since we all pretty much started at the same time. :) I've lost 6.5 lbs and am feeling much better than I was a week ago. I know I have a lot more to go (23 more to go), but baby steps is what I am doing. It just feels good. I actually put on a pair of shorts from last year and could button them! What a great incentive to keep going! :D

Great Job everyone. This is my second time on Atkins, and although I lost a lot of weight the first time, I gained it all back to quickly. I started again the first week of June, and thus far have lost about 22 pounds. I'm going at 2-3 pounds a week. I decided that I would stay at the first stage of Atkins until my cruise, counting carbs is way to hard. Keep up the great work.

Best thing to do is read the book. You'll get so much information on this diet. Basically, induction (the first two weeks) is cutting out all but 20 carbs a day. No bread, pasta, rice, sugars, potatos) You cut out all white products. Drink lots of water and eat meats and salads and veggies. Fruit is a no no during the induction phase. Like I said, get the book. You can take it out of the library if you don't want to buy it. :)

Looking for a good diet. I work two jobs so I am soooo tired when I get home in the evening that exercise is taking the dog out. I would appreciate any and all information. Have to lose about 58 lbs.

Jacki

Well, not off to a good start as This was a crazy week for me with lots of Double shifts, I mean 16 hour shifts, so it was hard to maintain it.

Lbs lost this week "1" :confused:, will get better this coming week. Cant wait for next Sunday :)

Only 84 days left, still have alot of time before my cruise.

Hello Everyone!

I started Atkins this week too.....so glad to find you all here.

I didn't have a very good start...so maybe now I will be more motivated....cause as you can see by my countdown ticker, I am running out of time...

I would like to lose 20lbs before the cruise...anyone with any suggestions of

how to do that would be more than appreciated...LOL

Good luck everyone~

Jo :)

I would like to lose 20lbs before the cruise...anyone with any suggestions of

how to do that would be more than appreciated...LOL

With only 1 month to go, I dont see a problem, just have to maintain the Induction phase and work out alot !!! Drink your water too. Stay focus, My workout, Step Arobics 15 minutes, Tread Mill 15 Minutes, Mountain Biking 30 mintues to 1 hours.. that will get you going. Small meals throughout the day to keep the furnace burning. Good Luck , keep in touch.

Fred

Archived