Help to make decision Equinox or Silhouette

Piepie

Hello, we are trying to make decision between 7/3Silouette (12 days Leaving Venice back to Rome)or 8/12 Equinox (14 days round trip Barcelona)

A little background about us:

Early 30 couple from Orange County/Laguna area, Ive been to Italy, Barcelona, and Greek islands. My husband been to Italy, Spain. He really wants to go to Croatia. I really want to go to Sisily, Malta, Montenegro and Croatia.

We just got back from Silhouette this April and loved it!! Never been on Equinox. We know E is a bit older. We are ok to go back to the same ship...

We are trying to compare:

Which month is better? July or Aug?

Which airline is cheaper flying out LAX? Rome or Barcelona?

7/3 S has only one sea day vs. 8/12 Equinox has 3 sea days

I like Adriatic 7/3 ports better than 8/12. However, my husband think 8/12 is better deal - 2 extra days with $100 more.

If you could refer and good TA that'll be great. We've been using *********** but wouldn't mind to explore other options. Thank you!!!!:D

DH and I have sailing on both the Silhouette and the Equinox. We loved the Equinox!!! The service was wonderful. In fact, We always compare service to the staff on Equinox. Of all the ships we have been on, the Silhouette came 2nd after the Equinox. Ship-wise, I think the main difference between the 2 is that the Equinox has the hot glass show. We loved watching the glassblowers at work.

The other thing to consider is that the sail into and out of Venice is one of the most beautiful sights, so the times sailing into and our of Venice would heavily influence my decision. I would not want it to be at a time when I was asleep or at dinner!

The hot glass show is wonderful. My husband and I were up there several times on our Solstice cruise. We're booked on the Silhouette next - but reluctantly, because that ship doesn't have the hot glass show. Only the Silhouette had the Caribbean itinerary we preferred. Oh well, we'll try to make the best of it. :p

Will you be spending time in Europe pre/post cruise? The Silhouette would give you the option of spending time in 2 beautiful and very different cities, venice and Rome, the Equinox, the same city, Barcelona,(which is also beautiful!), twice.

We did Silhouette this past June and loved it! This year we are doing Equinox in May. Ships seem to be identical, Equinox a little older. I would let the itinerary be your guide.

Unfortunately the months you are looking at are very hot. We did the Italy & Croatia cruise early June and it was in the 90's with about the same humidity, although you can't always predict the weather.

Airfares are always higher in the summer months, we are saving about 4 to 5 hundred dollars by going in May. September too has lower fares.

We also prefer more days at sea but does not influence our decision.

Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by realnice46
Spelling and paragraphs

Hi:) naming Travel Agenices is against Cruise Critic Policy so a recommendation from anyone is not possible.

Hope you have a great cruise, whichever one you choose:)

We did a 12 night barcelona-Barcelona on equinox in October and loved it! Perfect weather and temperature. Everything was fabulous including the hot glass show on board. We found yourselves watching at least once a day. We really liked the 3 sea days and found several food and wine events that were very fun. This October we are going on 14 night silhouette out of Rome. Great price and combined with 1-2-3 special, felt we got a good value. We are in our mid 30s.

Kim