Baby food

SHE'SACRUISER

Carnival does not provide any baby food. But there are lots of things on the menu that are suitable for children, or can be easily mashed. Is the baby ten months now, or will he/she be ten mo. Then? Baby food might not be necessary. EM

I noticed you mentioned "homemade" baby food. You won't be able to bring anything except commercial sealed food on to the ship. Or off at any of the ports because of agricultural laws. So if you think your little guy might need something at a port you'll have to have packaged food available.

We sailed in November with our then 10 month old daughter. She had also only had homemade food at that point. I packed enough of the organic baby food pouches for the week and only used two of them...that was during times off the ship. There is plenty of appropriate food on the ship! For breakfast I would give her oatmeal, grits, breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit cut to tiny bits. At lunch and dinner there were always plenty of fruits, veggies, pasta, rice, even meat I could cut up for her to eat. And she only had two teeth at the time. She also loved chewing the crusty breads at the buffer and dinner! We had a great trip with her and our 4 year old :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What's the easiest way to find healthy food for a baby? Ask for a low-sodium menu? My 17mo eats well right now, but I try to only give her whole foods, nothing packaged. She will be just fine eating what we eat, I just am wondering if there are any tricks!

Are high chairs readily available at the various restaurants?

Also, do you take a stroller? How big? I was hoping to get by with a ring-sling and an Ergo.

What's the easiest way to find healthy food for a baby? Ask for a low-sodium menu? My 17mo eats well right now, but I try to only give her whole foods, nothing packaged. She will be just fine eating what we eat, I just am wondering if there are any tricks!

Are high chairs readily available at the various restaurants?

Also, do you take a stroller? How big? I was hoping to get by with a ring-sling and an Ergo.

We didn't order anything special, just fed her off my plate. But there was plenty she could have; fresh fruits and veggies.

High chairs were easy to find in the buffet and MDR.

I took an umbrella stroller and it was perfect!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app