Packing help

PattyG12

I have this really great packing list for when I cruise. It includes EVERYTHING. However, I'm bringing my 6 year old grandson on a trip soon and I don't have a list that includes things for kids. So far I have:

6 pair underwear

2 pair socks

1 pair socks for dress up

1 pair khakis

1 formal outfit

2 nice shirts

2 ties

6 pair shorts

8 tee shirts

2 pair pajamas

misc toys

1 pair water shoes

1 pair nice shoes

2 pair flip flops

1 pair jeans

toothbrush, toothpaste, baby shampoo

am I forgetting anything?

Bring some pedriatric meds. The ships don't have those.

comb, brush

Does he still use baby shampoo?

No need to answer but just bring whatever shampoo he uses at home.

Edited by SadieN

Yes. Always back a basic medicine jit with allergy, flu, cold, anti diarrhea, pepto bismo, even an antibiotic if you can get dr to prescribe. Bandaids, alchohol wipes. It took one time paying 90 dollars for anti diarrhea pills that I could have bought for 3 dollars at walmart to learn my lesson. Every trip we use at least one item from the kit so it has saved hundreds in ship dr expense. Also always through a small roll of duck tape in.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

lol he likes the shampoo that doesn't hurt his eyes ... I guess it's "childrens" shampoo.

I have a medicine chest with tons of stuff that I take on every cruise but I guess I should add some extra kids stuff.

Thanks everyone! Do the clothes sound about right?

I didn't see swimsuit on your list, so I would add that. Also, how long will you be gone? Our 4 yo likes to change clothes frequently, so I am planning on bringing 2 outfits per day, shorts that can double as pajamas, extra underwear, kids medicines (including children's Dramamine), and maybe a favorite toy or two.

Sunglasses, sunblock, aloe

Jacket or sweatshirt

Stuff to do on the plane or anywhere there is along wait(books, coloring, I Pad)

His Passport

Also since you are not his parent do you have all necessary forms notorized and with parent signatures?

toys and games in carry on ... Passport is on renewal and notarized forms are ready to be signed. I hadn't thought of a hat ... thanks!

Jacket will be warn to port since we're taking the train to NJ. but an Extra hoodie should go in so thanks for that too!!

sunscreen and aloe is part of my regular list but I've also gotten some higher spf for him.

You guys are absolutely amazing. THANK YOU

Seems some moms are on here. One if my favorite toy tricks for travel is this: when you go to fast food places do not give the toy to your child. I would collect them in a bag for each child and when we packed, would put the bag in their little back pack. On the plane they could take out a few and the rest on the cruise. The girls were always excited to see what surprises were awaiting, never got tired of playing with them within the week and if they got lost, who cares. When we went home we only repacked their favorites, the rest went in the garbage. Thus, we had room to pack new souveniers.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app