Suggestions for Shore Excursions

bouelle11

Hey everyone! This May me and my boyfriend will be sailing on the Carnival Legend. This is his first cruise and my 3rd. I was on the dream this past May and on Adventure of the Seas with royal a few years ago.

Since this is our first cruise together I want to do rly great excursions. We stop in Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Cayman Islands. We plan on getting off the ship in every port but we only want to do 2-3 excursions. Which excursions would you recommend and what else is there to do in these ports. Does anyone know any private beaches? We are 22 & 23 years old. I love water excursions and he loves land based, so anything you can suggest would be appreciated!

Cozumel- Do the Cozumel Bar hop. It was so much fun! We did it twice. If you want something more laid back, Nachi Cocum would be another good choice for Cozumel.

Roatan- Victor Bodden tours was excellent! We had a great day with them.

Belize- I would say either Cave Tubing or visit some of the Mayan Ruins.

Cayman- We just did a beach day here so I don't have any good recommendations for this one.

We did the amazing race in Cozumel and loved it (we also won it ;) ) In Belize we took the river Wallace and Mayan Ruin tour and it was really interesting and the boat ride was fun. It was very hot at the ruins so bring sunscreen and a hat! If you don't want to pay for an excursion in all the ports you might want to just do a beach day at Mahogany Bay. CCL has a beautiful resort-like area at the port. We took our own snorkeling gear and spent the day snorkeling there, for free! It was the best snorkeling I have ever done. We saw lots and lots of sea life, including a small octopus!

Have fun!

In Cozumel my husband and I did the Xcaret tour through Carnival. It was well worth the price. There is an underground river which you float down in a life vest and was an awesome experience! favorite part of our cruise! The park itself is extensive and offers quite a bit, Mayan village, Mexican grave yard, ruins, dolphin encounters, water rentals, zoo, etc. Xcaret has its own web site,visit if you want a better feel for it. you will not be able to see and do it all so look at what the park offers and map out where to hit first. It does involve a ferry ride back to the mainland (trust me take Dramamine) so If you were to book it stick with Carnival. We had such a great time we are booking it again this year!

If you are a beach lover, Isla Rotan is, I believe a private port and the beach there is very nice. Just walk into port and down the path to the right brings you right on the beach If you are going to be the only ship in port that day I would save the money and take advantage of what's right there instead of a private beach. Hope this helps!

• Administrators
Hey everyone! This May me and my boyfriend will be sailing on the Carnival Legend. This is his first cruise and my 3rd. I was on the dream this past May and on Adventure of the Seas with royal a few years ago.

Since this is our first cruise together I want to do rly great excursions. We stop in Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Cayman Islands. We plan on getting off the ship in every port but we only want to do 2-3 excursions. Which excursions would you recommend and what else is there to do in these ports. Does anyone know any private beaches? We are 22 & 23 years old. I love water excursions and he loves land based, so anything you can suggest would be appreciated!

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic!

As another poster mentioned, CC has boards for each of your ports of call, where cruisers from every cruiseline pool their information about excursions, beaches, etc.

Here's a link to the main Caribbean board -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

If you click that you'll find individual boards for Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and the Cayman Islands.

I hope you have fun researching, and that your cruise is unforgettable!