New To Celebrity Cruises

Tide Pride

Good day to all... Newbie to this board checking in. My wife and I have cruised four times on Royal Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed all cruises. In particular we enjoy the ships themselves as they appeal visually to our eye. In reading posts here I feel we are ready to experience Celebrity and would like some advice. We are in mid 50's and normally not interested in all the various ship board activities. We enjoy warm weather cruises such as Caribbean and Hawaii.

I read a constant theme here that maybe Celebrity has more to offer in the food category ( recent Cruise on Serendade of the Seas was dreadful ). I do not know if the Celebrity ships are as physically attractive as the newer RCL ships.

Do you have any recommendations as to ships which are newer and well maintained and provide good service and food ?

Thanks to all.

Welcome TidePride! The newer ships of Celebrity's fleet are the M-class ships -- Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. I personally have only sailed on the M-class ships and they are beautiful -- well maintained and in great shape. I have heard the same said about all ships in Celebrity's fleet, however -- our good friends rave about the Mercury and I know there are some die-hard Zenith fans out there as well.

Food is excellent -- on the M-class ships they have the option of the specialty restaurant where you are served a four (?) course meal, most of which is prepared tableside. Food is incredible (most raves are for the Goat Cheese Souffle) but the food in the main dining room has also been nearly on par with the specialty restaurant.

Service is great whether you have a suite or normal room, though with the suites you have the added benefit (and tip responsibility icon_wink.gif) of a butler. I've heard nothing but raves from all of our friends who have sailed on Celebrity about the crew. There are less PA announcements so your experience on board tends to be what you make of it -- the crew don't interrupt you too much with attempts to sell drinks, etc. A nice touch they've added is cool towels to welcome you back to the ship after a day at port and sorbet served around the pool. icon_razz.gif

Other dining options (and I will speak to my "expertise" as only having been on an M-class ship) are pizza/burgers by the pool during lunchtime, a buffet open for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea, healthy alternatives food (low fat, low carb, veggie, etc.) by the Thallasotherapy pool (I think that's lunch and dinner), and sushi and casual dining (i.e. no dressing up) offered in the rear of the buffet area at dinner. I'm sure I missed something, but there are tons of experts here who can tell you about the other ships!!

Tide Pride,

Welcome to Celebrity ! Your gonna Love Them !

14 cruises, 5 with RCI & 4 with Celb. Celebrity is our line of chioce ! Our favorites are the Zenith & Horizon, but Century is the ony ship we have cruised on twice. Simply put this is an outstanding line to cruise with for a mass market product.

In Nov this year they are coming to Galveston with the Galaxy for 10 day Panama trips at an outstand price per day. You will be pleased, In My Opinion, with Celebrity.

EW

WE LOVE THE WATER AS LONG AS WE ARE ON A CRUISE

I have never sailed on the newer RC ships but absolutely love the Celebrity M class - just got off the Infinity and talked to a couple who WERE disappointed with the "look" of Celebrity - described it as "plain vanilla"...I don't see that, but if you're used to atriums and whatnot maybe you will be disappointed in the physical appearance.

Have cruised on Navigator of the Seas and on Majesty of the Seas with RCCL. Also have been on Mercury, Millennium and Summit(twice) with Celebrity. It is my understanding that the "M" class Celebrity ships are built very much like the Radiance class on RCCL. I know we loved both Millie and Summit. The food on Celebrity is signifcantly better, in my opinion, and while there is not as much entertainment on board I believe it is higher quality on Celebrity. I think you'll love the "M" class ships, or any Celebrity ship. We enjoyed the RCCL trips and will probably cruise with them again...on the other hand we will DEFINITELY cruise with Celebrity again!!!

TidePride...simply put...Celebrity is the Crimson and White of cruise ships. All others are the Orange and Blue!! ROLL TIDE!!!

By the way...my wife and I are also in our 50s. Graduated from the Capstone in 72 and simply love Celebrity.

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

There must be something in our crimson and white veins that makes us hunger for the sea! Try Celebrity. We have been on 10 RCI cruises and for the past three cruises we have chosen Celebrity. We have done several other lines but we find Celebrity is a step above. We are planning on a return to the Connie [Constellation] for our annual December cruise.

If you are a RCI stockholder you can transfer your onboard ship credit to Celebrity too.

Hi just adding my two cents about celebrity icon_smile.gif I have been on Century, Mercury twice, Millennium twice, and will be on Constellation in october of this year. My favorite ship is Mercury but the new M class is great. There is much to offer and the food is great. The entertainment is very good and is going to get better. The M class ships are the quietest i have ever sailed on. I intend to stay with celebrity for all my cruises. icon_cool.gif

I have sailed both lines and as far as looks, RCI is flashier and the atrium area can't be compared. I prefer the overall feel of Celebrity. It has an understated elegance and refinement and the service far exceeds RCI. Also, the food superior to RCI. icon_biggrin.gif

Garry

Century Western Caribbean - 6/5/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Galaxy Transatlantic - 9/3/2004 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

OK, Tide, Welcome!

Me too---love Celebrity, know you will too!

We personally love the M class ships the best, but have sailed on the others & loved the cruises just as much!

Celebrity is just GREAT!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Archived