Quick Carnival Liberty Review

Racefan04

Just wanted to write a quick review on the Carnival Liberty. We sailed on her during the week of Dec 28 over the New Years. As a cruiser loyal to Royal Caribbean, we went in to this with an open mind based on all that we have heard about Carnival. All I can say is we were pleasantly surprise and will likely try Carnival again.

We loved the islands that we visited(Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman) The food selection on the buffet was something to be desired, but always found something to eat. Tasted great. Did dining room once and enjoyed it, and will likely do it more in the future. Disappointed a bit in the lack of service in buffet and the fact that to get soda you have o get it yourself. But otherwise not bad. Guy's burgers was great! Ate there a few times during the week. Not sure why they don't stay open till later at night. Weird hours for the Taco stand.

Rooms were great. Room attendant was great. Interacted with us thru the week and always efficient!

Pricing for items in the gift shops and photos are not bad compared to Royal. Slightly higher, but in other areas things were a little cheaper.

Ship is in great shape. Hard to find things at times. That is were Royal wins hands down with the Royal Promenade. Easy to navigate the ship and get to the different venues.

Cruise director Josh and his team were great. With a good cruise director, it sets the tone for how the week is going to be. And they did well!

Overall had a great time and as said, will do another cruise on Carnival in the future. If you have any questions ask away and I will be glad to answer as best that I can

We had an interior room deck 7 forward. Not much left to choose from as we were late booking the cruise. Very noisy when there were shows in the theatre. Also felt lots of movement a few of the days.

As for getting around...Royal you are able to access everything via deck five with stairs at either end. But with Carnival things are mostly centred around the atrium but you are not able to walk from one end to the other. Not major but prefer Royals central setup better

May load photos later. Not high on priority list as back to the real world today

Thanks so much for posting your thoughts on her. We sail her for the first time in May and are really looking foward to it. I do agree with the Blue Iguana that the hours are weird. I wish they, as well as the burger joint, were open later.

Were you in a balcony? Inside? what deck? what was hard to find? we sail on the Liberty for the first time in May - any pictures?

If you want pictures of the ship, do a search for MikeyA...he did a wonderful review of the Liberty and Breeze.

Just wanted to write a quick review on the Carnival Liberty. We sailed on her during the week of Dec 28 over the New Years. As a cruiser loyal to Royal Caribbean, we went in to this with an open mind based on all that we have heard about Carnival. All I can say is we were pleasantly surprise and will likely try Carnival again.

We loved the islands that we visited(Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman) The food selection on the buffet was something to be desired, but always found something to eat. Tasted great. Did dining room once and enjoyed it, and will likely do it more in the future. Disappointed a bit in the lack of service in buffet and the fact that to get soda you have o get it yourself. But otherwise not bad. Guy's burgers was great! Ate there a few times during the week. Not sure why they don't stay open till later at night. Weird hours for the Taco stand.

Rooms were great. Room attendant was great. Interacted with us thru the week and always efficient!

Pricing for items in the gift shops and photos are not bad compared to Royal. Slightly higher, but in other areas things were a little cheaper.

Ship is in great shape. Hard to find things at times. That is were Royal wins hands down with the Royal Promenade. Easy to navigate the ship and get to the different venues.

Cruise director Josh and his team were great. With a good cruise director, it sets the tone for how the week is going to be. And they did well!

Overall had a great time and as said, will do another cruise on Carnival in the future. If you have any questions ask away and I will be glad to answer as best that I can

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and will try Carnival again. We're doing a B2B on Liberty in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to get out of Michigan's horrible weather.

Really enjoyed our trip on the Liberty. The service was great and the other guests were on board to have a good time.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Sensation 3/16/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

They had two production shows. They also had a music night with Motown music I believe(didn't attend). There was also a hypnotist that was really good. There was also the opening night show and the last night show.

The Seaside theatre was also available, but it was used in a limited capacity. Really thought they could take better advantage of it similar to what Princess does and always has something running on it rather than ads for the two pool side bars. They had a couple of movie nights, but with there being New Years celebrations in there this week, there were quite a few pool deck parties going on.

They had two production shows. They also had a music night with Motown music I believe(didn't attend). There was also a hypnotist that was really good. There was also the opening night show and the last night show.

The Seaside theatre was also available, but it was used in a limited capacity. Really thought they could take better advantage of it similar to what Princess does and always has something running on it rather than ads for the two pool side bars. They had a couple of movie nights, but with there being New Years celebrations in there this week, there were quite a few pool deck parties going on.

Thanks for the follow-up. I really appreciate it.