Allure prices pre and post "dry dock"

I thought the price was higher but honestly did not associate it with the 'dry dock' week....

I was staggered when I looked at the cost of the B2B I wanted to do in May... so much higher than when I went in May last year :(

Jo :)

We have a post dry dock reservation. There were 2 price drops before final payment, saving us around 500 total. Now the price is back to what it was before the price drops but I figure I made out pretty well catching both price drops.

I'm sailing on a different RCCL ship around the same time that you are talkig about and prices have also just about doubled on a balcony since I booked in late October.

I attribute the increase more to the time of the year, Spring Break, and also the available inventory of the specific sailings/stateroom category. That usually seems to be what drives the price increases/decreases. But it is an interesting idea you have on RCCL making up money for a lost cruise, I am sure that is something they definately need to do.

I noticed a very large jump recently in my May Allure cruise. This came on the heels of a temporary price drop (new bookings only) when they ran a promotion in November (I think it was). We cancelled and rebooked at an outstanding rate, and shortly thereafter the price spiked to $200/pp MORE than our original price!

So yes, definitely noticed a jump in price... curious to know why.

We had a $750 reduction the week of Dec. 15th. for our July 27th. Allure of the Seas sailing....And were able to get it......we had booked in September.

Sunday it increased by almost $1000 (Grand Suite)

Sea Ya

I thought the price was higher but honestly did not associate it with the 'dry dock' week....

I was staggered when I looked at the cost of the B2B I wanted to do in May... so much higher than when I went in May last year :(

Jo :)

I took advantage of a couple of price drops for my B2B on the Allure scheduled for June/July of 2014. I have saved nearly $1,000 between the two weeks. There was one price drop for the first week, and two price drops for the second week. The second price drop I found on Christmas Eve.

Oddly enough, I had a B2B scheduled for 2013 (same weeks), that I had to cancel just 5 days before final payment was due. There were no price drops during the 16 months I had that one scheduled.

Edited by sleepless

I wonder if it has something to do with supply & demand, and not the repairs! :eek:

It's just a thought. Taking the ship out for a week costs them x amount. Then figure in the discounts they offered to the displaced guests along with the airfare refunds. No small sum of money. But an easy and somewhat quick fix would be to tack on a slight fare increase and not lower them to make up for their loses.

...or supply and demand :p

I noticed a very large jump recently in my May Allure cruise. This came on the heels of a temporary price drop (new bookings only) when they ran a promotion in November (I think it was). We cancelled and rebooked at an outstanding rate, and shortly thereafter the price spiked to $200/pp MORE than our original price!

So yes, definitely noticed a jump in price... curious to know why.

Three words....supply and demand...

This, plus the current WOW sale offering up to $300 OBC. Every time they have a sale like this, basic cruise fare increases, making the sale, "not a sale.":(

I was laughing on a recent X cruise when people were talking about the deal they got with a free beverage package, etc. I booked that cruise right when booking opened (at an excellent rate) and just happened to notice that all of these great booking incentives started popping up after a very significant prince hike roughly equivalent to the cost of a beverage package per person. Hmm... LOL, great deal, huh?

I was laughing on a recent X cruise when people were talking about the deal they got with a free beverage package, etc. I booked that cruise right when booking opened (at an excellent rate) and just happened to notice that all of these great booking incentives started popping up after a very significant prince hike roughly equivalent to the cost of a beverage package per person. Hmm... LOL, great deal, huh?

RCI is doing that now:

If you book now you get the soda package free on select sailings

Notice came in our monthy National motorist club newspaper.

Sea Ya

That's strange. I'm reading all of the posts of prices going up. I had called RC to inquire about something and low and behold my RC Cert. Vacation Planner informed me the price of my cabin went down for my B1 cat on the Allure for March 23, 2014. It went down almost $200 each.