Purchasing "gifts" close to departure

sea_u_onboard

Strange. I decided I would just go ahead and purchase the soda and more cards before our cruise this Saturday. Although the form states must be purchased 72 hours in advance it wouldn't let the agent add it to my booking. He put me on hold, came back and told me the cut off is 8 days before sailing - HUH??

I told him the form said 72 hours and he said he could try and push it through but knowing my luck something would get messed up so I'll just wait until I get on board.

There are a few special occasion items that state 5 days in advance but all I wanted was the drink card.

Anyone else have problems adding an item close to sailing?

Edited by sea_u_onboard

as soon as you board you will be able to buy it from any bar or waiter in Interational Cafe, Horizon Court, Dining room, or any bar. They often have tables set up around the pool too with someone selling the ultimate soda card, which really isn't a card but a sticker placed on your cruise card.

There's no benefit to pre-purchasing a soda card as opposed to on the ship. It's the same price. You can buy one at any bar, lounge, dining room, restaurant, buffet, International Cafe, and pretty much anywhere on Lido deck, not to mention a table probably set up just as you board. All you have to do is ask.

Edited by Pam in CA

You can buy one at any bar, lounge, dining room, restaurant, buffet, International Cafe, and pretty much anywhere on Lido deck, not to mention a table probably set up just as you board. All you have to do is ask.

Usually you do not have to ask.

Our experience is that you will be asked at least six times after embarking to make the purchase.