money bar question

dvpaintboy

I was there a couple of years ago and spent all day at the Money Bar. I bought a package deal that included lunch and a guided snorkel tour. It was great. The guide was great, really knew what he was doing. What was really interesting was that many other snorkeling tour boat operators were coming to the same site, the one that we were able to walk right into the water and view. It clearly was a very good site. Equipment was fine and the facilities are top notch.

We were there in Oct...Did not snorkel , but looked at gear, seemed fine..Cost is $15...

I checked out their website and they have some nice packages. Can you also just go there and buy drinks and snacks at the bar or do you have to buy one of their packages to have access to the facilities?

Thank you

Ian

I checked out their website and they have some nice packages. Can you also just go there and buy drinks and snacks at the bar or do you have to buy one of their packages to have access to the facilities?

Thank you

Ian

You can just eat and/or drink, no entry fee.

We will most likely return in March. The entry to water can be a little rough so just be careful getting in. It's fine once you are in the water, though. I remember the facilities being clean and easy to get to from the lounging area. You can order whatever you want from the menu, and the prices are really reasonable.

Copied this from my blog post from 2011 (prices for cab and snorkel gear seem to have gone up $1 since we were there): Took an $8 cab (for 4 people, one way). Ordered some drinks and nachos, grabbed some lounges under an umbrella and snorkeled for free right off their ironshore. The water was beautiful, although the reef was nothing to write home about. While we were there, several paid tour excursions dropped their snorkelers off right where we were. If you need to rent gear, the cost is $14 per person. DH and I took our own. We had a great time here and spent $35!