Luggage questions

Tralfie

Odd question.

When you travel on planes, there's a baggage limit (number/weight). Is there something similar on planes? I'll be traveling on the Breakaway on March 2. I am a NOTORIOUS overpacker from way back. We have a really large suitcase that I'm planning to fill to the brim and bring (I'm traveling solo), as well as my backpack in which to put stuff until the room is ready.

Thanks, as always, in advance!

Richard/Tralfie

Odd question.

When you travel on planes, there's a baggage limit (number/weight). Is there something similar on planes? I'll be traveling on the Breakaway on March 2. I am a NOTORIOUS overpacker from way back. We have a really large suitcase that I'm planning to fill to the brim and bring (I'm traveling solo), as well as my backpack in which to put stuff until the room is ready.

Richard/Tralfie

No problems on a cruise, you'll be fine.

From the NCL website:

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions.

According to the FAQs on NCL's website, "Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds." It's my understanding from reading here that it really isn't enforced. However, I'm not one who would typically bank on that.

Edited: Looks like someone just beat me to this! :)

Edited by Will Sail For Food

if you're in a studio, there's not as much space as in a regular cabin.

Your luggage fits under the bed in a studio and you have lots of storage. I stayed in a studio, had loads of clothes and never used all of the storage.

In reality, no restriction on how many pieces of luggage you wish to bring. It is not weighed either. However, keep in mind the luggage has to be sorted, hand carried, and delivered to you room by the room stewards. Some of these guys/gals are small. Do keep in mind they have to pick up and handle your luggage.

Odd question.

Richard/Tralfie

They say there is, but I have never seen it enforced.