Pride questions

chefchick

We will be joining The Pride on her Carribean skies voyage in a few weeks (our second Seabourn cruise) and have a couple questions for you veteran sailors out there.

We are embarking in St Maarten. We will be checking out of out hotel at 11:00 and are hoping we can just drop off our luggage at the dock with Seabourn and then make our way into town till official embarkation time. Will seabourn usually allow you to do baggage drop off prior to checking in officially?

We were really hoping that David E Greene would be our CD as we had such a good time with him on our last cruise. (Supposedly he is a replacement CD on the current world cruise). Does anyone know who the current CD on the Pride is? How about any particular bartenders we should look out for?

Any other info about the Pride in the Carribean or current reviews are appreciated. I looked at the posted reviews and most of the BAD ones seem very over the top and not at all like what we experienced on our previous cruise.

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

Weelcome to the Pride family--you will love her.

The CD on our December Caribbean cruise was Verity Brown, who is new to Seabourn. She has a great personality and is very visible among guests. To top it off ahe has a terrific voice--be sure NOT to miss her show.

All the bertenders were great, led by chief bartender Lajos but I believe he is now on Spirit. Mahalo (sp?) at Sky bar/Observation is very personable and remembers your favorite drinks. Tell him hi from Winnie.

Wish I were still on board. Have a great cruise.

Edited by Winner
grammer

When we hopped on Spirit in December we checked out of our hotel and were at the dock by 12pm. We handed over our bags and went off for lovely lunch at Holland House before returning and embarking. Very quick and easy and bags were in our room as it was after 2pm when we boarded. I am sure it would be the same on Pride.

We had been given a tip on our roll call that a previous cruiser had problems with their taxi driver not being able to take them all the way up to the Seabourn area as they didn't have "port access". We had found a great taxi lady we used over our three days in St Martin prior to cruising and so knew it wouldn't be a problem. Maybe ask the hotel to check when they order the taxi.

Have a good cruise.:)

Julie