Another Beach Question

moon girl

Sorry about another beach question! We just want a nice beach and a bit of shopping that you don't have to pay an AI fee to use. Is there something like this near the pier in Cozumel or should we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen? We love Playa and the shopping there but aren't familiar with the Cozumel beaches. We are looking to not spend a lot of money on this stop. Any advice will help! Thanks

My family enjoyed Paradise Beach, it's pay as you go with reasonable and pretty good food and drinks. It is about 15 minutes from the piers by cab. We went to the beach then shopped a little on our return to the pier.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What ship are you on? What dates?

Depends on where you dock. If downtown (primarily Disney and some NCL ships), there are several commerical spots nea rthe dock and hotels north of the ferry pier. Shoppping is everywhere. If at TMM International (NCL RCCL, occassional Princess), couple of hotels just north that have small beaches and day passes for lounger use. Better shopping is at Puerta Maya a 1/4 mile south. Puerta Maya pier( primarily Carnival) has an extensive shopping area kinda, but not quite, like the downtown. Nearest beaches again are the hotels just north of the International Pier, although there is a sandy strip where , if you had your own towels you could lay out,(I wouldn't swim there though as it's between the car ferry and the ships piers). Some of the south beaches have small shopping kiosks with typical tourists stuff. Across the highway from the entrance to Chankanaab Park is Disocver Mexico, which has a gift shop with some more craft worthy items. Chank is a good beach.

Edited to say, if you can catch an early ferry, pay close attention to the time and grab a ferry back to Coz without missing your ship, you could do Playa.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help. We are on Carnival so I believe we are at the Puerto Maya pier. I have been to Chankanaab before and liked it. Maybe I will look in to the price there. Also considering Nachi Cocum but when you times the price by 5 people it adds up. Any other input is much appreciated! Thanks

When in Cozumel, we walk to El Cid, (walk out of the port, turn left, walk two blocks) day pass was 18.00, and of that 18.00 they gave you a 10 food credit. Has a beach, has a fantastic snorkeling area, has a pool and a hot tub, and the restaurant was great. Price has gone up, but do not know how much. Yes they do have an AI, but we just get the day pass.