disembarking voyager of the sea

i am going to book a limo service to pick us up after our july 29th cruise can i book this for anytime and how does it work with the coloured tags that you get we are going to jfk our flight is not till the evening but we have booked a day room at a hotel

Same here, we have a limo service dropping us off and picking us up. Haven't even thought of what time to tell them for pick up. We are also on the July 29th. There will be 9 of us. 4 - 23 years, 2- 20 years, a 14 and us, the parents. Interested to know others experiences with this:)

People start to disembark at 8:30am. If you are in a suite or have an early disembarkation- tell them to be there at 8:30am.

IF not, tell them to be there by 9:30am.

I have done the "Limo thing" many times..

Just make sure you can reach the limo while you and they are waiting. There was a substantial delay disembarking when we got off our 9 day, and a group I knew had a limo waiting for them The limo had a wedding to go to following this job, and almost had to leave:eek: without them. The ship didn't start disembarking until almost 10 am, and we finally got off at noon.

I too am having a limo take us too the port and from the port. My cruise doesn't leave until 5 pm so i told the limo to have my there by noon. I'll probably be waiting in line about an hour then hopefully I'll be able to board.

as for leaving my cruise itinerary says 9 am but i always feel like cattle being herded around waiting. I won't stand in line and waste my time, i'll take my time get my last bag ready, then go eat breakfast, and hang out around the ship then, I will disembark. so I told the limo to arrive around noon. this has always worked before. no reason for it not to work now.

Happy Sailing!

i am going to book a limo service to pick us up after our july 29th cruise can i book this for anytime and how does it work with the coloured tags that you get we are going to jfk our flight is not till the evening but we have booked a day room at a hotel

I too am having a limo take us too the port and from the port. My cruise doesn't leave until 5 pm so i told the limo to have my there by noon. I'll probably be waiting in line about an hour then hopefully I'll be able to board.

as for leaving my cruise itinerary says 9 am but i always feel like cattle being herded around waiting. I won't stand in line and waste my time, i'll take my time get my last bag ready, then go eat breakfast, and hang out around the ship then, I will disembark. so I told the limo to arrive around noon. this has always worked before. no reason for it not to work now.

also, my plane doesn't leave until 5 pm so instead of renting a room for a few hours, it was cheaper to have the limo give us a tour of the city.

Happy Sailing!

IMHO, disembarkation really does not go well on these mega ships. On Navigator it seemed like we waited for hours to get off. The color coding hardly added much organization to the chaos - I would hate to have to tell a limo driver what time to be there. Rest of the cruise was fantastic though, I am not a complainer.

We contracted a private limo to take us to and from our Voyager cruise in June. They asked us when the ship was scheduled to dock. Then THEY set the pick-up time (which they estimated at 11:00 am). As things turned out, we were slightly delayed in leaving the ship. I called the driver (who was waiting for us in a remote location) and advised him of our unexpected delay. Since THEY set the pick-up time, I wasn't concerned with incurring any 'waiting charges'.

Any large, reputable limo company is accustomed to the schedules of disembarkation at the pier. If you have no plans to catch a flight, I suggest you let THEM set the time and if they end up waiting for you, oh well.

It's somewhat slow to get off the Navigator in Bayonne because you don't just walk off the ship and into the limo. You have to take the shuttle bus from ship to terminal, and that's where the gridlock occurs. No matter how fast they run those buses back and forth, it is going to be slower than if a steady stream of people could keep walking off.

As for craftsnvine, good luck with them letting you hang around until noon. I wouldn't bank on it. :)

Carol

Archived