Best All-Inclusive Beach Day in Nassau

MarineFam

We will be in Nassau in April and wanted to go to an All-Inclusive Beach day. There will be 21 of my family going so this would be a nice way to spend the day. We went to Nachi Cocum this past April and loved it! Food and Alcohol was all included and some resort beach amenities. There will be ages ranging from 6-64 so it needs to allow all ages. Any help would be appreciated.:D

Unfortunately, there is nothing like Nachi Cocum in Nassau. Some hotels offer day passes but it depends on availability and I'm not sure any of them would take 21 people.

RIU is the only all-inclusive that will take children (Sandals is adults-only and Breezes is 12 and up). You could try contacting them to see if they could accomodate that many people. They charge $100 if you buy the tickets at the front desk or you can book in advance through Island Marketing for $75. I think children are half price but I'm not positive about that.

We've gotten day passes at RIU twice and stayed there once. We enjoyed it but please be aware that the beach in front of RIU can be very rough and dangerous. I'm not sure it would be a good place for small children.

Sheraton/Melia offers day passes but they are not all-inclusive. Food and drink are extra. They may be better able to handle a large group but they are also in the process of changing owners so it's hard to know what will be happening in April.

Another option is a beach day at Blue Lagoon. I believe the beach day includes lunch. Blue Lagoon is wonderful.

Do you all have to stay together? I've found with groups on cruises that it's better to let everyone do their own thing and then compare notes at dinner. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

Unfortunately, there is nothing like Nachi Cocum in Nassau. Some hotels offer day passes but it depends on availability and I'm not sure any of them would take 21 people.

RIU is the only all-inclusive that will take children (Sandals is adults-only and Breezes is 12 and up). You could try contacting them to see if they could accomodate that many people. They charge $100 if you buy the tickets at the front desk or you can book in advance through Island Marketing for $75. I think children are half price but I'm not positive about that.

We've gotten day passes at RIU twice and stayed there once. We enjoyed it but please be aware that the beach in front of RIU can be very rough and dangerous. I'm not sure it would be a good place for small children.

Sheraton/Melia offers day passes but they are not all-inclusive. Food and drink are extra. They may be better able to handle a large group but they are also in the process of changing owners so it's hard to know what will be happening in April.

Another option is a beach day at Blue Lagoon. I believe the beach day includes lunch. Blue Lagoon is wonderful.

Do you all have to stay together? I've found with groups on cruises that it's better to let everyone do their own thing and then compare notes at dinner. :)

Wife and I have done the Blue Lagoon before but it was about 10 years ago. We are going to go our separate ways on ship and things and meet at dinner, not trying to stay together all the time, just thought a day at the beach would be a nice thing for whoever was interested in going. Oh well, guess maybe we will just wonder around shopping and maybe check into a public beach or something

Junkanoo Beach is a public beach within walking distance of the ship.

Or maybe Sheraton/Melia will still be doing day passes then. That might be worth checking into, even though it's not all-inclusive. They have 3 pools, a nice, calm beach and some watersports (kayaks, floats, etc).

Junkanoo Beach is a public beach within walking distance of the ship.

Or maybe Sheraton/Melia will still be doing day passes then. That might be worth checking into, even though it's not all-inclusive. They have 3 pools, a nice, calm beach and some watersports (kayaks, floats, etc).

Thanks. Will have to find out how many ships will be in port at the same time as us if we go to that closer Public beach. I will check it out.

You can get the cruise ship schedule here: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/455-Nassau

It's usually pretty accurate.

Have a great time with your family!

Ouch 5 Ships in port that day. Oh Well, might just get off and do some shopping and get back on. We are having a beach day at Disney's Island Castaway Cay a couple days after so no worries. We will have a great time either way.

Oh, the private island will be a great way to spend the day with the whole family!

5 ships in Nassau isn't TOO bad. Unless one of them is Oasis. :)

This will be our (myself,wife, and our boys) 4th Cruise with Disney and love it. We will be happy no matter what.

You can get the cruise ship schedule here: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/455-Nassau

It's usually pretty accurate.

Have a great time with your family!

thanks for that link ! Wow we will be there Feb 23rd, can't believe there will be 6 ships in port that day !

This will be my first cruise, and trying to plan what to do on a budget at this Port. We will have a 9yr old with us too, so want to keep him happy. I ran across the Blue Lagoon website and thought about doing that. Makes me nervous not doing an excursion through the ship, but really want to save money. My main concern would be getting stranded on that island and missing our ship ! yikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

thanks for that link ! Wow we will be there Feb 23rd, can't believe there will be 6 ships in port that day !

This will be my first cruise, and trying to plan what to do on a budget at this Port. We will have a 9yr old with us too, so want to keep him happy. I ran across the Blue Lagoon website and thought about doing that. Makes me nervous not doing an excursion through the ship, but really want to save money. My main concern would be getting stranded on that island and missing our ship ! yikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

Hover over a ship's name and it will tell you what hours the ship will be in port. The good news is that Ecstasy leaves at 7 am so there will really only be 5 ships that day. The bad news is that one of them is Oasis. :eek::)

It looks like you'll only be in Nassau until 2 pm so that would make it difficult to do Blue Lagoon. The one o'clock ferry won't get you back in time. What is your 9 year-old interested in? The Pirate Museum might be fun and not too pricey.

Hover over a ship's name and it will tell you what hours the ship will be in port. The good news is that Ecstasy leaves at 7 am so there will really only be 5 ships that day. The bad news is that one of them is Oasis. :eek::)

It looks like you'll only be in Nassau until 2 pm so that would make it difficult to do Blue Lagoon. The one o'clock ferry won't get you back in time. What is your 9 year-old interested in? The Pirate Museum might be fun and not too pricey.

Yeah Blue Lagoon is out, which is too bad, it's looks like a lot of fun, but just won't work out timing wise. Oh I think he will be fine as long as there's water and some water toys :)

I'm on the Island Marketing website looking at some day passes at either Hilton or RIU... not sure how fast these fill up so I sent a couple messages on a few of the excursions. We will be there Feb 23rd.

I will be there on the 23rd. Only ship in Port that day! Im traveling with just my 8 yr old daughter. Thinking about either the RIU (stayed a few times in Jamaica and LOVE RIU) or Melia. I know the Melia day passes are significantly less than RIU, but all you can eat/drink is tempting!

Anyone know how much approx a jitney or cab is to RIU? I think its about $1.25 p/p for Melia.

Thanks!

I will be there on the 23rd. Only ship in Port that day! Im traveling with just my 8 yr old daughter. Thinking about either the RIU (stayed a few times in Jamaica and LOVE RIU) or Melia. I know the Melia day passes are significantly less than RIU, but all you can eat/drink is tempting!

Anyone know how much approx a jitney or cab is to RIU? I think its about $1.25 p/p for Melia.

Thanks!

The jitneys don't go to Paradise Island so you'd have to take a cab to RIU. It costs $4 a person on the way there (shared cab) and $11 for 2 people on the way back, plus tips.

Having been to both Sheraton (Melia) and RIU, I think your daughter would have a better time at Melia. It has 3 pools, a nice calm beach, some water toys. The RIU on Paradise Island isn't like the one in Montego Bay. It is just one building with a smallish pool. The beach is really gorgeous but the water is sometimes too rough for swimming and there is a steep drop-off. It's more of an adult relaxing kind of place. The buffet lunch is pretty good though and the drinks are nice.

The jitneys don't go to Paradise Island so you'd have to take a cab to RIU. It costs $4 a person on the way there (shared cab) and $11 for 2 people on the way back, plus tips.

Having been to both Sheraton (Melia) and RIU, I think your daughter would have a better time at Melia. It has 3 pools, a nice calm beach, some water toys. The RIU on Paradise Island isn't like the one in Montego Bay. It is just one building with a smallish pool. The beach is really gorgeous but the water is sometimes too rough for swimming and there is a steep drop-off. It's more of an adult relaxing kind of place. The buffet lunch is pretty good though and the drinks are nice.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Melia looks great. Decision made!

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Melia looks great. Decision made!

Have a great time!

I enjoyed using the stand-up paddleboard when we were there. Also, there is a place called Daquiri Shack next door that makes fresh daquiris. We were only there for the afternoon so I didn't get to try it but it looks awesome.

Nachi Cocum is in Cozumel. Very nice place to spend the day.

You should check security issues in Nassau before you go to the public beach. There have been serious security issues in the last several months and tourists were asked to stay within tourist areas. We have been there 3 times in the last 3 months. Once we got a written warning about crime ashore. The second time we saw huge numbers of uniformed officers on the street, basically every corner. Last week the police were not so numerous but still very visible. We walked up the hill to the Watlings distillery and a policeman was standing at the corner where the main road intersects the road to the distillery (only a block or so from that corner) and he was not directing traffic. He was watching the road up to make sure folks like us could walk safely there. And we appreciated it because we like to walk there. It is very beautiful place and is free to see and tour.

I would not go to a public beach right now.

Yes, the OP had been to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and was hoping there was something similar in Nassau. I was responding to that.

So funny that I misread this:) Shouldn't be on these boards during my break.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in Feb. We will be on the Celebrity Constellation - In Nassau on 2/28 from 7am -5pm. We'd like a nice beach day. Since we've never cruised before, I have no idea how much time we need to get off/on the ship. Blue lagoon looks nice and so does Melia. Hilton (near port) looks ok, but the beach looks small and I saw a big wall in one of the photos which kind of turned me off. Suggestions and advise for where we should go and how we should get there are much appreciated! Thanks

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in Feb. We will be on the Celebrity Constellation - In Nassau on 2/28 from 7am -5pm. We'd like a nice beach day. Since we've never cruised before, I have no idea how much time we need to get off/on the ship. Blue lagoon looks nice and so does Melia. Hilton (near port) looks ok, but the beach looks small and I saw a big wall in one of the photos which kind of turned me off. Suggestions and advise for where we should go and how we should get there are much appreciated! Thanks

It depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

• 2 weeks later...