weird call from what I thought was royal princess

compozer

Well, with robo-calls, there's always a lag between the time the system recognizes that the call has been answered and when it can connect the call to a live "representative". So if you have to say "hello" twice, it's a robo-call and I always hang up.

No all robo-calls are sales pitches and scams.

Among the ones that do not fit in those categories:

a) Calls from a school announcing problems, cancellations, early dismissals, etc.

b) Calls from local government informing of water main leaks, traffic problems, change in trash or recycle pickup schedules, etc.

c) Calls from an airline about a schedule change

and more

But if it is a scam or sales call and I have the time, I will get the rep on the line, ask to have whatever it is explained throroughly and then give the phone to our cat. So far the cat has not signed up for whatever is being sold.

Edited by caribill

In spite of having home and cell phones on 'Do Not Call' lists, we get lots of scam calls (once had the one that was supposedly from our 'grandson', saying he was in trouble and needed us to wire money immediately!) on both of them. The worst are the bogus or wrong number text messages, since I don't do many texts and pay by the message.

I've found a website that will sometimes help identify who the call was from - it's "WhoCallsMe.com". Enter in the phone number, and sometimes it will come up as an already identified scam or 'robo-call'. I entered in the phone number you listed as being the one which called you, and nothing came up, but you can sumbit a comment about your call from this number to warn someone else.

If I get an unknown number on my cell (we don't have a display on our kitchen phone, and we're not about to pay extra to buy a new phone or get one of those phone services that require the caller to identify themselves and then they wait for you to allow the call -- don't remember what that's called), I'll google it and this is one of the many websites that come up, on which you can complain you think it's a telemarker. But I really don't know what good it does, other than to vent and also verify from others' experiences that your instincts were right.

No all robo-calls are sales pitches and scams.

Among the ones that do not fit in those categories:

a) Calls from a school announcing problems, cancellations, early dismissals, etc.

b) Calls from local government informing of water main leaks, traffic problems, change in trash or recycle pickup schedules, etc.

c) Calls from an airline about a schedule change

and more

But if it is a scam or sales call and I have the time, I will get the rep on the line, ask to have whatever it is explained throroughly and then give the phone to our cat. So far the cat has not signed up for whatever is being sold.

But then what if your pet is the type who likes to sign up for things?:D

I usually get about 60 percent to show up on that website. I only try when it's been a call from a telemarketer. I also report them to FCC, even though I know it doesn't do much good. Occasionally, however, I'll read an article about fines against a telemarketer and think "hurray!"

Thanks. I will try it a few more times.