Arawak Cay Fish Fry Restaurants

cruise_gal21

I did a search but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Which restaurant(s) have good food and a good price. Willing to spend $50.00 on two adults and one child. I looked at a few menus online for what I could find, and I do understand that everything cost more in the Bahamas due to having to import nearly everything, but $15 for an appetizer of grouper fingers is a little much for even me. Thanks

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

I did a search but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Which restaurant(s) have good food and a good price. Willing to spend $50.00 on two adults and one child. I looked at a few menus online for what I could find, and I do understand that everything cost more in the Bahamas due to having to import nearly everything, but $15 for an appetizer of grouper fingers is a little much for even me. Thanks

While I'm not allowed to recommend a particular restaurant, I can tell you that the pricing will be similar throughout the Fish Fry and even more outside the village. Bahamas is not known for it's bargains.

While I'm not allowed to recommend a particular restaurant, I can tell you that the pricing will be similar throughout the Fish Fry and even more outside the village. Bahamas is not known for it's bargains.

Thanks, scubagirl. As always, you have the answers I'm looking for and really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I'm just going to have to "up" my spending limit. After all, it's a vacation and not something we do everyday so it's justifiable lol.

this is the only place we go when in Nassau, after stopping in the local Humane Society. We love conch and fish and Goldie's has a conch chowder that will blow you away. I understand how you feel about spending $15 on an appetizer, but trust me, most of the appetizers are of entree proportion. We go, two adults and one child, we get a bowl of chowder each and an order of conch fritters or cracked conch. It is more than enough and with a few beers we are looking at $50. I think it is a fair price and we leave fat and happy!

this is the only place we go when in Nassau, after stopping in the local Humane Society. We love conch and fish and Goldie's has a conch chowder that will blow you away. I understand how you feel about spending $15 on an appetizer, but trust me, most of the appetizers are of entree proportion. We go, two adults and one child, we get a bowl of chowder each and an order of conch fritters or cracked conch. It is more than enough and with a few beers we are looking at $50. I think it is a fair price and we leave fat and happy!

Thanks for the reply. When I think appetizers I often think of the 4 potato skins, 6 stuffed mushrooms, and other small portioned ones. If they are of a large quantity and good quality I have no problem paying the extra money. I just cringe when thinking of getting price gouged for a meal. But if this is the local's choice, as well as repeat tourist, then it's gotta be good and worth the money. I've never read a bad review of the Fish Fry.

Goldies is the ONLY place we go, i cannot vouch for the others. Honestly, Goldie's bowl of conch chowder is a meal in itself. It's quite hearty and loaded with vegetables and fresh conch, and the creamy rich broth….it is superb! My husband and I both get a bowl and share a cracked conch appetizer or an order of conch fritters….a beer or two and never over $50 (including a huge plate of fries and a soda for our daughter).

We really loved twin brothers. There was five of us waiting outside a hour early because no one was open yet. They opened up early for us and starting serving us drinks and apps. The waiter even ran down the road to grab us a cab, now that is some serious service.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've got another question I want to ask about the restaurants... Do they take credit cards or cash only? A little concerned lately about taking cash off the ship since I keep seeing post about the crime rate rising lately. I've also read some news articles online confirming these post. The less cash we take the better.

Edited by cruise_gal21

• 2 weeks later...

Questions.

1. How to get to Arawak Cay Fish Fry Restaurants from cruise terminal? Walkable? Take Taxi? or use bus?

2. Can we walk from Ardastra Zoo?

3. It seems to me that there are more than one restaurants in Arawak Cay.

So, there are Goldie, Oh Andros, and Twin Brothers. Is there a restaurant called Fish Fry?

Thank you for your time and reply!

I've got another question I want to ask about the restaurants... Do they take credit cards or cash only? A little concerned lately about taking cash off the ship since I keep seeing post about the crime rate rising lately. I've also read some news articles online confirming these post. The less cash we take the better.

Although most are set up to take credit cards, the terminals are usually down and it becomes cash only. Same with some of the other smaller venues on the island. I always ask before I order if I don't have cash on me.

Questions.

1. How to get to Arawak Cay Fish Fry Restaurants from cruise terminal? Walkable? Take Taxi? or use bus?

2. Can we walk from Ardastra Zoo?

3. It seems to me that there are more than one restaurants in Arawak Cay.

So, there are Goldie, Oh Andros, and Twin Brothers. Is there a restaurant called Fish Fry?

Thank you for your time and reply!

The FIsh fry is just over a mile from the port. It's walkable, or take the jitney/cab.

It's an easy walk from Ardastra Zoo. Just down the street at the main road. A 5 minute walk.

The Fish Fry is the AREA containing a dozen or more local restaurants including Oh andros, goldies, twin brothers, anchorage, deep creek and frankies gone bananas.. among others. Fish Fry has a public restroom and a stage area for events.

Just back from Nassau - visited the Ardastra Zoo which I LOVED - then a walk down the hill to the fish fry - stopped at Frankie's - had some cracked conch and fried chicken (both were excellent) washed down with a $5 strawberry daiquiri :)

then the jitney into town - very close - you could see the ships - and maybe a 5 minute ride!

Thank you, everyone, for all tue replies. We're definitely doing Ardastra early in the day, and Fish Fry after. Froufie, any rips about the zoo since you just came back? Are they still doing the coupons that take a couple dollars off admission and a free rum punch? If you know about these coupons, where are they found at the Festival Place? Sorry so many questions, just hard to find answers sometime lol.

Thank you, everyone, for all tue replies. We're definitely doing Ardastra early in the day, and Fish Fry after. Froufie, any rips about the zoo since you just came back? Are they still doing the coupons that take a couple dollars off admission and a free rum punch? If you know about these coupons, where are they found at the Festival Place? Sorry so many questions, just hard to find answers sometime lol.

Sorry - don't know anything about the coupons - but if you do find them doesn't hurt to bring them along?:)

We caught a cab from the cruise ship terminal area - right to the Zoo - I think it was $6 pp for the 2 of us - got there just as they were opening at 9 am - we were the first ones in and for a while the only ones - very peaceful and quiet and lots of stuff to see.

I especially enjoyed the flamingo 'show' and getting up close and personal! I didn't think I would like it as much as I did!....and the fish fry was a bonus - something I always wanted to do but never got around to it! - definitely a fun stop on the way back....