Cancelled flight when flying in business class.

sverigecruiser

:confused:

So not true! My husband and are are both United 1ks (he's a million miler) and I can assure you that we and other high status flyers are usually in economy (unless we get free upgrades).

And you don't get free lounge access (at least not on UA) based on your FF status. The lounges are often packed anyway!

I said that most people in economy have the lowest frequent flyer status, not everyone.

If it hasn't changed, BA offer lounge access for their higher levels.

I said that most people in economy have the lowest frequent flyer status, not everyone.

Statistically there will likely be more FF's at the lowest level of an airline's FF program, so it stands to reason that there will be more low lever FF's on any given flight period. But head over to some of the frequent flyer forums on Flyertalk.com and you'll see plenty of posts about high level frequent flyers sitting in economy. Relatively speaking, there are only a handful of seats of front so a lot of elite level frequent flyers miss out on upgrades and remain in the back.

You used to get lounge access if you were at least a *Gold if you were on an international flight at your gateway city. Has that changed?

One of the weird things is if you are *Gold with any member airline (except United or US) you have lounges access even if flying on a domestic US star flight.

Not necessarily true. On Delta, top tier frequent flyers (Diamond medallion members) are granted complimentary membership into the DL Sky Club, granting them access regardless of the cabin booked. And elite+ frequent flyers (Gold and platinum, in addition to diamond) traveling in coach internationally are granted complimentary club access as well.

Please note that my post was referring to United Airlines. I have no idea what Delta's rules are; I never fly them.

Us Airways calls it first. Not sure what the merger will bring, but I think it will remain first.
Don't know what they will do in the future, but on our most recent American Airlines flights between DFW and SJU since the merger the front cabin was still called "Business" class.

:confused:

And you don't get free lounge access (at least not on UA) based on your FF status. The lounges are often packed anyway!

Please note that my post was referring to United Airlines. I have no idea what Delta's rules are; I never fly them.

Your first post above was a very general statement: "And you don't get free lounge access based on your FF status." In parentheses you said that United was the only one you knew for sure, but worded the way it was, the statement sounded much like it was about airlines in general. I clarified for the benefit of other pax who may be reading the thread, and assumed that your comment was true of other airlines as well.

Don't know what they will do in the future, but on our most recent American Airlines flights between DFW and SJU since the merger the front cabin was still called "Business" class.

Despite some protestations to the contrary, the vast majority (easily 98%) of US domestic (50 states) flights with two cabins call the cabin "First Class". At least on AA, flights to the Caribbean (including PR and USVI) and Central America, despite usually being operated by 737s or 757s (both the domestic configuration with recliners and the international configuration with angle lie-flats) are called "Business Class". Oddly enough, you can fly DFW/ORD - HNL on AA's 763s with angle lie-flats with two full meals served on domestic "First" class.

Edited by thechicagoans

............. At least on AA, flights to the Caribbean (including PR and USVI) and Central America, despite usually being operated by 737s or 757s (both the domestic configuration with recliners and the international configuration with angle lie-flats) are called "Business Class"........
.....While they call the front cabin "First Class" on some of their really short flights on the MD80s where you receive no meal and barely have time for one drink before you are back down on the ground and getting off the plane.

I think most of us do not care what name they call it, only what they are charging for the seat and what they are providing us for the price.