Just off the Dawn

lasefton

Our first cruise and were hooked! I will be writing a review this week . All the trouble with embarking and disembarking was non exsistant. At least this week . It took us 45 min from dropping the car off to having my first drink in my hand by the pool . We were on the ship by 12:00 . Our room was ready by 12:45 and our luggage was there by 1:00. We did pick passengers up in Cozumel but not a problem getting off the ship we had orange tangs 10:00 lined up at 9:55 and in our car at 10:15 Easy peasie :). Feel free to ask questions

Our first cruise and were hooked! I will be writing a review this week . All the trouble with embarking and disembarking was non exsistant. At least this week . It took us 45 min from dropping the car off to having my first drink in my hand by the pool . We were on the ship by 12:00 . Our room was ready by 12:45 and our luggage was there by 1:00. We did pick passengers up in Cozumel but not a problem getting off the ship we had orange tangs 10:00 lined up at 9:55 and in our car at 10:15 Easy peasie :). Feel free to ask questions

THANK YOU! We sail next Sunday and were anxious to here if the issues have been fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but your disembarkation experience is good news. Thanks for posting.

Which should mean embarkation for this sailing should be a breeze.

Woohoo thanks so much OP, great news

On a countdown to my cruise :D

That is AMAZING news to hear!!! We are on the Dawn next week and have been really nervous about all the delays we have read about!

You shouldn't have any trouble with embarkation since there were no Cozumel passengers on your ship last Sunday - but your disembarkation experience is good news. Thanks for posting.

From a poster on a parallel thread. Embarking on today's sailing.

"Showed up at 11. Walked through security and check in. Sitting in giant room (group 3). It's 11:15. Will let you know once on ship. Very friendly staff so far. "

Our first cruise and were hooked! I will be writing a review this week .

Glad to hear you had a great time! It was also DD's and DSIL's first cruise as well and they really enjoyed it too. DD said that one of the things that really stood out for her was how warm and caring the Dawn's crew was. She found it unexpected that, with over 2K passengers, many of the staff members greeted us by name. They are already talking about their next cruise.

Were Jose and Patty entertaining ??

Taking the Dawn in March. Did you happen to keep the dailies or the entertainment overview page? Wondering what entertainment/shows are what night to see if the posting in November is holding true in the new year. Also, do you know what night the Chef's Dinner was? It was the night of Belize last spring. Any info is much appreciated.

Taking the Dawn in March. Did you happen to keep the dailies or the entertainment overview page? Wondering what entertainment/shows are what night to see if the posting in November is holding true in the new year. Also, do you know what night the Chef's Dinner was? It was the night of Belize last spring. Any info is much appreciated.

I do have the dailies there was comedian Tim Kaminski on our cruise. He was great don't miss his shows -- the first nigh at 8:30. Day two don't miss the not so newlywed game that was hellacious .2nd city on day 3 was funny day 4. Tim Kaminski at 6:30 or 8:30 don't miss it day 5 second city 7:45. And pure variety were good . Day 6 Duo Déjà Vu 6:30 or 8:30 was real good. Day 8 Tim Kaminski at 3:00 (great). These r just the ones we went to but there were more then this to see . The officer's Tables. Final sign up was on day 2 at 5:00 pm I'm not sure when the dinner was ?

Our day in Belize was rainy and cold so a lot of excursions were canceled . But when we got off it was fast and easy . They have tender boats there as soon as we anchored . The boats healed at least 100 people . One would fill up there was another one waiting to get passengers .

I was on your sailing! Glad we finally had two sunny days there at the end, and I'm glad you still enjoyed your cruise.

I second the comment to go to Tim Kaminski's shows. He was hilarious and really interacted with the audience/passengers. We even saw him helping an elderly couple find their way around the boat after all riding the elevator together. Glad he was on the boat!

Also on the same cruise and had a smooth embarkation and disembarkation! (Not so smooth days 2, 3, and 4 though, ha! (Referring to the weather for those who weren't on the cruise.) I'm working on a regular review now.