Nachi questions

winterpeg2004

It's not a buffet. You will receive a menu that you order from, then it will be ready for you when you want it. When we were there, they offered snorkel tours (with equipment, I'm sure) but I don't think there would be much to see from shore.

Edited by kcparrothead

Looking at doing this while in Cozumel and have a couple of questions.

Can you order food through out the day or is there only a lunch buffet.

Is snorkelling equipment available to borrow and is there good snorkelling off the shore.

We were just here yesterday!!! It was my absolute FAVORITE FAVORITE day of the cruise, hands down, no questions asked. Nachi was absolutely INCREDIBLE and it's all I've been talking about.

Anyway-- you can order food throughout the day! We had appetizers at 10, more apps at 12, lunch at 1:30, another appetizer around 3, and finally dessert at 4ish. There is snorkel tours available, he takes you to the great barrier reef. We didn't do this, as we had our own gear.

The food can be delivered to you at your umbrella, at the restaurant bar area, or anywhere. They're so accommodating. I'm never going anywhere else- such an amazing experience, truly paradise. I can't recommend it highly enough.

We were just here yesterday!!! It was my absolute FAVORITE FAVORITE day of the cruise, hands down, no questions asked. Nachi was absolutely INCREDIBLE and it's all I've been talking about.

Anyway-- you can order food throughout the day! We had appetizers at 10, more apps at 12, lunch at 1:30, another appetizer around 3, and finally dessert at 4ish. There is snorkel tours available, he takes you to the great barrier reef. We didn't do this, as we had our own gear.

The food can be delivered to you at your umbrella, at the restaurant bar area, or anywhere. They're so accommodating. I'm never going anywhere else- such an amazing experience, truly paradise. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Was it very crowded when you were there and did they charge you extra for the extra appetizer ? I thought you only got one of each.

We were there last Monday. I got impression u could order when/what u wanted. We had horrible rain starting about 1p or so. The drinks were so-so. I make way better margaritas @ home. Poor quality tequila per both myself and SIL. My DD did order a dirty monkey just to try....def sweet. She also ordered a piña colada, said it was fair. I stuck to Corona and it wasn't cold enough to suit me but that's universal in Mexico IMO. I just put it on ice!

We also had home snorkel stuff. Kids snorkeled from beach and saw a few fish. Couple next to us sent their teenagers out on snorkel trip. They went to Palancar and saw lots of stuff. I've been there b4 and again, IMO, this area can be rough and choppy. I got that impression from what these kids said also. If you aren't very comfortable in water and decent swimmer I'd forego that place.

I'm sure NC is a great place with good weather. We just didn't have it. I'm a lay in my chair, listen to iPod and drink beer kinda gal and it would've fit the bill for me if weather was good. One foot note.....it's a LONG WAY to the bathroom area if u get chairs farther north on the property. I have bad knee and a hip issue and the terrain is rocky and uneven (cobblestone kind of thing) so I hiked without shoes in the sand to the pots. It's a LONG WAY!! So just saying......if u have any mobility issues, ask to be out closer to the dock which is closer to the facilities. I'm no 80 yr old in a wheelchair.....just turned 59 but knees and joints aren't what they used to be and if I ever go back there, I will ask to be put farther south (or to the LEFT) as you face water!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Looking at doing this while in Cozumel and have a couple of questions.

Can you order food through out the day or is there only a lunch buffet.

Is snorkelling equipment available to borrow and is there good snorkelling off the shore.

Each person gets a 4 course meal... I've yet to make it to desert in 4 tries.(so I'd imagine the folks speaking of multiple appetizers were just sharing amonst their group)

They will bring your food, when you want it, to where you want it. (to your palapa on the beach, poolside tables or in the restaurant)

Same with your drinks all day.

Snorkeling from shore is pretty poor, no matter which sandy beach club you go to. (Nachi, Sanchos, Playa Mia, etc..)

Snorkeling at the Money Bar and Chankanaab is better because the beach there is rocky and the fish come in closer there.

Did the snorkeling excursion at Nachi, the first of my four times there. (fifth coming in April)

They take you to two reefs, one about 1/2 mile from shore, the other decently out there.

Tons of fish to be seen, especially at the further out reef.

Hope that helps.

Bill

If you just want to see some small fish, there are a couple of rocks about 50 feet out with some pretty little fish. I did see one fish over a foot long, but couldn't get it into the frame for a shot because it spooked every time I raised the camera. There are also lots of live conch starting around 50 feet out. It's not amazing snorkling by any means, but kids would get a kick out of seeing the pretty fish. These shots are from just offshore at Nachi Cocom on 1/3/14.

11880740905_f1d08a2211_z.jpg

12011608985_45bfdb6941_z.jpg

12011629955_7920c34bd2_z.jpg