Taipei tours

silkismom

I'm rather concerned, Robin set up a tour in Taipei for 8 of us--with Alido travel in Taipei. Now they are asking for our birth dates and passport numbers for "insurance". Has anyone ever heard of something like this. Seems strange to me. We are on the Azamara Journey.

I'm rather concerned, Robin set up a tour in Taipei for 8 of us--with Alido travel in Taipei. Now they are asking for our birth dates and passport numbers for "insurance". Has anyone ever heard of something like this. Seems strange to me. We are on the Azamara Journey.

I replied in detail to this on the Azamara board, I have no idea why it has gone. Not got time to re type all the advice but currently on business in the Far East, this is exactly the thing covered in our government developed briefing and no I would not share, this is personal data your name is sufficient for a trip unless you are going to do extreme pursuits in which case age for insurance might be relevant. The one to absolutely draw the line at is passport details

If you are staying at a hotel, it is a requirement they hold a copy passport, otherwise, no, no, no

Edited by uktog

The person from our cruise told the tour company--no way--now they just want names. Maybe I read too many "crime" novels, but the idea of someone knowing our names, birth date & passport numbers sounds like possible trouble.

You have not been reading too many crime novels. My response which for some reason was not posted over here explained that this is a known route for personal ID theft in the Far East. Glad you are able to go with just names. It is a pity this info cannot be patched to the Azamara boards given the number of cruises going in that area shortly - that is the information that all that is needed is names and that anyone asking for others should be told no way as there is no legit reason to ask