Just booked last minute - Majesty

For my DD's 16th birthday, she came up with an idea of going with a couple of her best friends on a weekend getaway cruise. Living locally in South Florida, its easy to just jump on the Majesty for a weekend getaway to the Bahamas, so we are doing just that this coming Friday the 17th. Prices were under $100 a day per person with taxes included for a "superior" oceanview on deck 9 (Total 6 passengers, 3 cabins). I notice they do have obstructed views, but at least are not the smallest cabins on the ship.

The Majesty is not mentioned as much as the other ships on these boards. It's obviously the oldest and smallest on the fleet (less bells and whistles), and I don't think that many people travel from far for a short itinerary. But for our purposes, it should suit is just fine.

We have been on the Radiance (Alaska), Legend (Mediterranean), and Independence (Caribbean), so we do have experiences on different ships. This will be our first time on the Majesty, and are planning for an Oasis/Allure trip maybe next year or later this year.

I'm not a big reviewer, but for those interested I will probably share some highlights and hopefully not lowlights. If anyone has anything to share about this ship, let me know! Until then, safe travels everyone.

As you can see in my signature, we love the Majesty! We'll be sailing at the end of the month! 😀

Be sure to try The Compass deli! Good salad bar and sandwiches and soups! Johnny Rockets is good too! Lattitudes has great coffee drinks and sweets.

You'll be happy with your SO room. That's what we have too. Rooms seem much larger, and we really don't spend a lot of time staring out the window anyway. Lol

Have a great time! 😊

You may already know this, but if you are traveling with minors that are not your children (your DD's friends) whose parents are not also traveling, you must get permission from the parents, and I think it must be notarized. Make sure you read all the info about that and have all necessary documents if that is the case.

Have a fabulous trip! What an awesome birthday present!

Aw, have fun! Majesty is my favorite ship....have been on her over 30 times, so I know her pretty well, ha!

You will really like the ship - she is older and smaller, but very clean, charming, and has one of the best crew's afloat.

Would you mind bringing home a Compass, or checking out the Caribbean band for me? Sailing in May and am interested in the band.

Have a great time!! Be sure to visit Boleros, the Latin Bar/Lounge onboard.

Here is another vote for Majesty. We will be sailing her next month. If you could, please post who is in the Schooner Bar. On our last Majesty cruise they had Steve. He went by Steve Beatles because of his love of the Beatles. He was very energetic and kept everyone at the piano singing along. Those were some very fun nights.

You may already know this, but if you are traveling with minors that are not your children (your DD's friends) whose parents are not also traveling, you must get permission from the parents, and I think it must be notarized. Make sure you read all the info about that and have all necessary documents if that is the case.

Have a fabulous trip! What an awesome birthday present!

Yes - thanks for the reminder. We have traveled with a minor before on a similar trip and did need a notarized permission. We leave in 4 days so reading this reminded me to get this soon!

We (2 couples) will also be on this cruise. We normally do Las Vegas on Martin Luther King weekend but due to knee and ankle issues we opted to do a weekend (relaxing) cruise. Can't wait. We are flying down on Thursday and staying in Miami. Have fun.

BTW: We are also on deck 9.

• 3 weeks later...