Is it still "exciting and new"?

beachbum53

We cruise and also do land vacations as well. For instance, the first time we stopped at St. Thomas on a cruise, we liked it, so for our next vacation we spent a week there. Same with the BVI. Or, we were planning a Mediterranean cruise, but decided to do a 2 week land tour of Italy instead. I think if we cruised for all of our vacations, it would have become very stale for us. As it stands, it is still very exciting and new to us, since a few years pass in between our decisions to vacation on a ship.

Been cruising since 1986, but with more regularity since my second marriage in 2000. I have to tell you - it just never gets old. That first glimpse of the ship in port, that rush you get when you step onto the ship for the first time, the excitement of sail away... Personally, with few exceptions (Panama Canal is one) I don't really care where the ship is headed - for me it's all about being on the water, watching the horizon, feeling the sea breeze. For this reason I believe I like the medium to medium large sized ships best - those that preceded gargantuan status. The new huge ships seem to take attention away from the water and direct you toward the interior of the ship. That's not what I cruise for. As others have said, even sailing the same ship multiple times there is always something new to look forward to - a different class of cabin, trying a restaurant you didn't the last time, meeting new staff and cruisers at the various watering holes and in the dining room, a different excursion.

I only hope I continue to get excited at the prospect of a new cruise. Now that we are retired we are hoping to cruise more often and continue to see new ships (new to us) and new ports.

We haven't yet. Always get the "giddies" as the time gets closer. Always try to do different things aboard ship even if it is the same ship. It is always up to the cruiser to make the best of their time on board. One time i took pictures of maintenance things that needed done on the ship... then gave photos to our friends so she could show her handyman husband that there where things he could occupy his time with while she relaxed by the pool. Has not worked yet.

Oh yes! We love going to new destinations. We havent yet gone to the same place twice, so each cruise is "exciting and new." Like others have said, we will switch up cruise lines to keep it exciting. Right now we are using NCL because it fits our style, but we will be using Royal Caribbean for our next one because they are going where we want to go.

We've only been on about a dozen cruises, but each one is still "exciting and new". We look forward to the planning and countdown, researching the ports, and making new friends on each ship we sail. I hope it never gets old.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have found each ship to be an adventure. Each line has its + & - side. Over the years things have changed, no more midnight buffets, but often there are newer different activities. Be it big or small, I doubt I'll ever get tired of cruising. The one requirement we do look for is no matter how old the ship and/or passengers are that they be young at heart.

Cruising never gets old for me. We have been on 31 cruises on six cruise lines. Some were on the same ships, and some were similar itineraries but always something different on each cruise. Even the date can make it different. We're going on our first time Panama Canal cruise in a couple of months and I'm getting excited for that. The more I research for excursions the more excited I get.. no it never gets old!

Edited by mimi217
spelling