Suite 103?

chefchick

I will be embarking on our second Seabourn cruise in a couple of weeks on The Pride, I just found out we will be in Suite 103, which is one of the "smaller" suites (according to the website, by approx 49 sq feet) than the standard ocean views. I booked a GTY, and I know that's the chance I took, so I am not trying to start another one of THOSE conversations, but there is very little info on here regarding anyone actually reviewing these suites.

So, my question is, has anyone actually stayed in one of these suites and was it really noticeable? I realize that we will probably spend most of our time outside our suite, but I am hoping someone with actual experience can encourage me that they aren't that bad ;)

Thank you. Kelly

I appreciate your response. 102 and 103 are different sq footage (although not terribly so) according to the Seabourn website. My TA also assured me that it was a standard ocean view suite, but I don't know why the website would say otherwise?

I was under the impression that these suites were "usually" reserved for on board lecturers, etc, so maybe thats why I'm not able to search for much info. The ship is completely sold out, so its going to be my home for the duration, but has anyone actually sailed in her before?

Im sure Im worried about nothing, as I know there isn't a bad suite on the ship, but isn't this supposed to be the place to ask questions?

thank you in advance for any replies.

I will be embarking on our second Seabourn cruise in a couple of weeks on The Pride, I just found out we will be in Suite 103, which is one of the "smaller" suites (according to the website, by approx 49 sq feet) than the standard ocean views. I booked a GTY, and I know that's the chance I took, so I am not trying to start another one of THOSE conversations, but there is very little info on here regarding anyone actually reviewing these suites.

So, my question is, has anyone actually stayed in one of these suites and was it really noticeable? I realize that we will probably spend most of our time outside our suite, but I am hoping someone with actual experience can encourage me that they aren't that bad ;)

Thank you. Kelly

IMO there was far less storage space. For two people I found the storage space insufficient (this was for ~14 days YMMV based on cruise length). IIRC if one were using the desk/vanity getting past them was also a problem.

Try putting 103 in the SEARCH THIS FORUM box. You will find several reviews of 102 and 103.

Of course I searched first. Most of the responses either talked about seasickness issues (which I am hoping for calm seas in the Carribean) or said they were standard sized suites (except for you who made a reference to their smaller size, but never said wether you had actually sailed in them before).

Baychilla - thank you for your response. I read somewhere that the sq footage seem to be lacking in the closet and bath as opposed to the actual sleeping/seating area but had not heard a practical review. Again, I am sure it will all be fine and we are looking forward to sailing in the Pride and am glad to hear of the recent good reviews.

A good tip I've posted many times......when arriving in your suite move the vanity chair over to the window ledge, then move one of your coffee table stools to your vanity. It

slides right under and you'll have more room between the bed and the vanity table.

Another tip ~~ask your suite stewardess to leave you a brown wicker laundry shirt basket.....Leave this on your vanity to put misc. items in it ~~comes in real handy!

When in the Caribbean I always buy the bright red Birds of Paradise flowers ~very inexpensive and makes the suite "homey" ~~upon leaving I take the bouquet to the Purser office ~the "birds" last forever and the flowers are so appreciated by the Pursers.:)

You'll love the Pride Queen ~~have a fantastic, fun cruise.

Martita B

Another tip ~~ask your suite stewardess to leave you a brown wicker laundry shirt basket.....Leave this on your vanity to put misc. items in it ~~comes in real handy!

Another suggestion for smaller items is from something someone posted a couple of years back - a clear shoe bag that can be hung on a door as a catchall for small and miscellaneous items, such as key, camera, ipod, gum, sunglasses, sun lotions, et cetera.

Another secret ~if you like wonderful, crispy fried onion rings ask your waiter in the dining room (at lunch hours) to request the "fry Chef" to send you a platter for the middle of your table! These are truly fabulous and not on the menu. Many luncheons I've ordered a big platter of the hot, sizzling rings then passed them around to my lunching "table neighbors" ~~ they would fill their sample butter plates ~of course call their waiter over and order a platter for their table!:D A great way to meet/visit with sailing mates ~on one of my Pride voyages the fry Chef, Martin, would see me walk in the dining room and immediately send the hot fried rings to my table ~I'd then pass them a'round with a napkin over my arm.:confused:

If you would like to order a special dinner give your Maitre'D a couple of days to place your order ~I don't think the 'Baby Ships" are preparing anything cart tableside these days ~one of my favorites, Steak Diane, comes from the galley now.

Anymore questions please feel free to ask......we're all here to help.

I so envy 'yall ~~being on a Seabourn ship is THE best place to be on our planet!:p

Have a fabulous time

Martita B

We stayed in 103 on the Legend. We had no problems at all with space. In fact, 6 months previous we had stayed in 226 and I never noticed there was a difference until someone on these boards told me about it a couple of years later!

We did have a bit of "motion in the ocean" as Captain Anderssen referred to it, and we did notice that a bit more than we do when we stay midships.

Have a great time!

My wife and I sailed in 103 on back-to-back voyages. The difference in sq. footage is primarily in the walk-in closet and the bathroom. However, it is hardly noticeable. The living area of suite is the same as others except for slight curvature of hull on outside wall. We had no problem and would take 103 again. Plimsoll