Royal Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas

beshears

It has been years since I have cruise RCCL. We are thinking of doing it this spring.

If you have been on the Oasis of the Seas within the past year, would you mind giving me (yes I know it is your opinion) your pros/cons of the ship?

Are there any eating places (please give me the names) other than the dining room/buffet/in room service that serve snacks, etc.?

What shows that are not vulgur would you recommend that we see?

It has been years since I have cruise RCCL. We are thinking of doing it this spring.

If you have been on the Oasis of the Seas within the past year, would you mind giving me (yes I know it is your opinion) your pros/cons of the ship?

Are there any eating places (please give me the names) other than the dining room/buffet/in room service that serve snacks, etc.?

What shows that are not vulgur would you recommend that we see?

Though I've not been on Oasis or Allure recently, this dining guide is still helpful in showing the various food venues and costs. Prices might not be exactly as stated, but what's shown as free in the document is still free to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

Don't miss going to Johnny Rockets for free breakfast. Also, the flyer does not show it, but the Wipeout Cafe also has free breakfast.

Edited by clarea

We were able to prebook reservations for all of the entertainment! Loved it! No worries about getting a seat. They would only let people with reservations in (including the comedy club) up to 10mins before the start of the show....then they would let in general admission. We were also able to book times we wanted for the Your Time dining...in conjuction with our entertainment. The Entertainment was the best I've had on all of our 20 some odd cruises! Also, the restaurant in the the Solarium was not often used but was EXCELLENT. I think it was called Solarium Bistro. Wow....we tried it because we had a free dinner for 2 for booking with our cruise agency. VERY impressed! The buffalo steak you could cut with a fork! Enjoy!

There is so much to do and many places to eat on Oasis.

Specifically for snacks, there is a donut shop (no charge), ice ceam parlour (charges apply), Johhny Rockets (free for break and $5 cover charge for lunch and dinner - same as the land version) plus you pay for drinks - awesome peanut butter milk shake ... actually thick shakes.

Solernos - pizza (no charge)

Cup Cake Cupboard (charges apply per cupcake)

Park Cafe - the awesome roast beef rolls, salads, sandwiches, cookies, wraps, packets of crisps, muffins, fruit, tea coffee, etc

Promenade cafe - cakes, slices, biscuits, tea coffee etc

Wipeout Cafe - make your own burgers, nachos, fries, frozen yoghurt machine, hot dogs plus open for breakfast

There is no shortage of food on this ship...

There aren't any vulgur shows .... they are all good. There is an event in studio b one night called "The Quest" ... it's over 18s but funny ... its an adult scavenger hunt... if you aren't a prude you will think its fun... it has audience participation which you don't have to do. If you've been on an RCI ship you would know about it.

There are so many positive things about Oasis .... i love this ship .... except for boarding day and the first night in the dining room you really don't notice the number of passengers, ie. over 6000. The embarkation is very streamlined and takes less than 1 hour, but there are a lot of people mulling around on this day that you notice the number of people. Sometimes there is a queue in the morning at the dining room, mainly because some people aren't prepared to share a table with strangers.

Book your shows early, keep an eye on your my cruises account for booking shows as you don't want to miss any of them.

Starbucks has snacks too, but there is a charge.

Enjoy your cruise.

Though I've not been on Oasis or Allure recently, this dining guide is still helpful in showing the various food venues and costs. Prices might not be exactly as stated, but what's shown as free in the document is still free to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

Don't miss going to Johnny Rockets for free breakfast. Also, the flyer does not show it, but the Wipeout Cafe also has free breakfast.

Hi Bob,

This sheet is awesome but it looks like there's some discrepency. The sheet says Wipeout Cafe is closed for breakfast but everyone reports that it's open so I assume it is open.

Does sanyone else see any errors on this sheet that would he helpful to know? We are sailing on this ship on Feb 1:D. Thanks.

We were on the Oasis 2 years ago....

Park Cafe is open all the time. I always stopped there on my way back to the room at night & picked up a cup of tea & some snacks.

The Central Park cafe has bagged potatoe chips & sealed bowls of pre-made salads as well as those roast beef sandwiches they make for you.

One thing we did not discover until our last day....past Johnny Rockets but before you get to the aqua show...there is a bar type kiosk in the middle.

They had sealed packs, like you might get at a grocerystore in the deli section. of things like Chips & dips, veggies & dips, etc.

as far as shows...be careful of the comedy room shows...I guess it just depends who is performing.

We were told that all the early ones would be mild...which they were, with the ones that were a bit crude being shown at late times.

However,on the Allure last year, EVERY show might have offensive to some !

Not to me...personally I thought they were great but was really surprised at the vulgar language and ethnic jokes in the early show.

Just got back last week from Oasis. It was our second time. If you have a chance to go on this ship GO! It is absolutely awesome. There is no other ship, besides it's sister ship, Allure, that compares.

Yes, the Wipeout Café is open for breakfast, with made to order omelets.

The only "vulgar" show, if you are sensitive, is the comedy show. On the first sailing, a few years ago, it was fine, this year, it was very offensive and I did not enjoy it much, and I am not a prude and enjoy comedy very much. There were some funny things said, but I would not have attended if I had a heads up.

There is so much other entertainment you won't even be able to see it all!

If you can cruise on this ship, you will not be disappointed.

Hi Bob,

This sheet is awesome but it looks like there's some discrepency. The sheet says Wipeout Cafe is closed for breakfast but everyone reports that it's open so I assume it is open.

Does sanyone else see any errors on this sheet that would he helpful to know? We are sailing on this ship on Feb 1:D. Thanks.

Wipe out cafe is open for breakfast, but it has been a zoo this week. Johnny Rockets much better.

jc