FCC and cruise price in different currencies

luv2travel77

I have a future cruise credit/deposit of $100 USD. As I reside in Canada, the Princess website displays the prices in Canadian currency. If I were to book directly through the website (therefore being charged in $CAD), will my deposit of $100USD be converted? Or will it simply be taken at face value without conversion @ $100CAD?

Hope some of the Canadian members here can shed some light on this. :)

Thanks for the info!

I have a future cruise credit/deposit of $100 USD. As I reside in Canada, the Princess website displays the prices in Canadian currency. If I were to book directly through the website (therefore being charged in $CAD), will my deposit of $100USD be converted? Or will it simply be taken at face value without conversion @ $100CAD?

Hope some of the Canadian members here can shed some light on this. :)

Thanks for the info!

Call Princess and they can book the cruise in USD so you can use your fcc without conversion.

Sent from my M9010 using Forums mobile app

Yes it is an option but ill advised at this time. The Cdn$ is taking some huge hits against the US$ theses days and will go lower yet. Booking today in US$ and watching our dollar drop another 5% or so will only increase the cost of the trip. Book in Cdn$. Better to take an exchange rate hit on $200 as opposed to $2000 or more.

This happened to us last time we bought them, and, now that I think of it, we bought FCC last week on the Royal and I bet they'll be applied in US funds, too, since our account was billed in US dollars. Last time our TA was able to call them and have them convert to Cdn funds, but the dollar was better at that time. So, it is possible, but just might not work out so much in your favour (a way around that would be to book thru a US TA, which we have done before, too)