what I learned about upgrades....

Cruzin RN

We were upgraded last cruise to a Jr suite..(!!!!) When the cruise points were calculated the points were not doubled..when I questioned RCi I was told only full fare suites are doubled....oh well!!! Guess it makes sense.

Not our first suite..just our first upgrade...

We were upgraded last cruise to a Jr suite..(!!!!) When the cruise points were calculated the points were not doubled..when I questioned RCi I was told only full fare suites are doubled....oh well!!! Guess it makes sense.

I believe this rule has been in effect since the last major change to C&A 3 years ago.

As I understand it if you are given a free upgrade to a JS then you do not get the double points...but if you had paid for the JS then you would have qualified for the double points.

Edited to add for clarification - if you have paid even a small amount of money towards an upgrade (therefore not a free upgrade) you will get the double points.

Edited by Elizanessie

Question: I originally booked a D2. Prices of suites went down below

that price so I switched to a Cat W. I got assigned a JS with no

price adjustment since what I had already paid was more than the

Cat W. Do I now get double points? I'm guessing yes since it

wasn't a revenue or C and A upgrade.

The verbiage on the RCCL website at:

says:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

So if you pay for a balcony, and get a free upgrade to a JS, you do not get double pts.

But if you pay for a balcony and pay $1 to upgrade to a JS, then you get double points, since you paid for the JS.

Question: I originally booked a D2. Prices of suites went down below

that price so I switched to a Cat W. I got assigned a JS with no

price adjustment since what I had already paid was more than the

Cat W. Do I now get double points? I'm guessing yes since it

wasn't a revenue or C and A upgrade.

I think you should get the points because you paid the full price of the "W".

From C&A Benefits webpage:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.