Help. PRICE QUESTION.

LBroxon

I've never booked a cruise during the summer due to price. We always schedule our cruises around the price, rather than an event. We've only cruised in fall, winter and early spring (before spring breakers). However, DH and I have a big anniversary coming up in June and really want to book so our anniversary falls during the cruise. We are looking at the Liberty 8 day out of Port Canaveral (when did Liberty leave Miami??:)). The price is $799 for a regular interior (no upper/lower). Is this a normal price or should I expect it go down? I just have no clue as I don't look at cruises during that time of year. I mean I've booked 7 day cruises for $350 before, so I guess I have some sticker shock. Thanks..

pricing you never know. it may just keep going up especially as its more in prime time. If you want a chance of pricing going down. then book the Early Saver Rate and keep and eye out. if the price drops for the same cabin type/location and # of ppl, then you can submit for price adjustment.

ES is the way i would go and hope for a price drop. if it doesn't drop and more than likely only go up, you got the best price available.

pricing you never know. it may just keep going up especially as its more in prime time. If you want a chance of pricing going down. then book the Early Saver Rate and keep and eye out. if the price drops for the same cabin type/location and # of ppl, then you can submit for price adjustment.

ES is the way i would go and hope for a price drop. if it doesn't drop and more than likely only go up, you got the best price available.

Thanks for the advice. Looking at the rates, there is no early saver option. There is the New Year Sale rate and Fun Select rate for June 7 sailing.

Thanks for the advice. Looking at the rates, there is no early saver option. There is the New Year Sale rate and Fun Select rate for June 7 sailing.

We are less than 5 months out, which explain the lack of early saver.

$799 for an 8 night during the summer is dirt cheap. I've been pricing out different options for months. Lots of 7 day cruises priced over $1,000pp!

The ONLY reason why we finally committed to the summer cruise we ended up choosing is because we redeemed a bunch of credit card points which will pay for everything except for taxes. But I would've NEVER paid full price for it. The rates are RIDICULOUS!

Edited by Tapi

A lot of kids in the summer and the ports will be very hot. Maybe less kids since it is 8 days. I think the price is higher bec. the ship will be using more fuel going further south.

The price is higher because of supply and demand. There is less supply, as a lot of cruise lines pull ships from the Caribbean to go to Europe/Canada, and demand is probably a little higher because kids are out of school. Combination of these two factors makes cruising during the summer much higher priced than the "shoulder" seasons.

$799 for an interior on Carnival? :eek: You just gave me sticker shock too. We usually travel the week of Thanksgiving and I'm only paying $849 for a balcony AND free drink package on Celebrity - and this is a Holiday cruise!

What ports are you going to? Maybe the taxes are high?

Edited by ibcnusoon

$799 for an interior on Carnival? :eek: You just gave me sticker shock too. We usually travel the week of Thanksgiving and I'm only paying $849 for a balcony AND free drink package on Celebrity - and this is a Holiday cruise!

What ports are you going to? Maybe the taxes are high?

St. Maarten, Tortola, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

I've never booked a cruise during the summer due to price. We always schedule our cruises around the price, rather than an event. We've only cruised in fall, winter and early spring (before spring breakers). However, DH and I have a big anniversary coming up in June and really want to book so our anniversary falls during the cruise. We are looking at the Liberty 8 day out of Port Canaveral (when did Liberty leave Miami??:)). The price is $799 for a regular interior (no upper/lower). Is this a normal price or should I expect it go down? I just have no clue as I don't look at cruises during that time of year. I mean I've booked 7 day cruises for $350 before, so I guess I have some sticker shock. Thanks..

Hi fellow Hoosier! I'm on this cruise. I never book a summer cruise either, but I'll share my situation so maybe it can give you an idea of the prices. Back in June 2013, during an alleged "sale," I booked a balcony 8C @ $1139 pp (2 people) and an interior Cat 4F @ $739 pp (2 people). ES was not available at that time. When I booked it, I figured I'd eventually get some money back but prices have not gone down much. I think this itinerary is just expensive, combined with the time of year, plus it's 8 days.

About a month ago, for about 2 days, ES showed up & I had to pay $40 add'l to get it on my balcony. It was too expensive to get on the interior. A week ago there was a small price drop, & I received $20 back of my $40.

I've been watching this closely since I now have ES on my balcony, and it just remains stagnant. The interiors have gone up though. Final payment on this is March 31 so maybe ES will show up again. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, Liberty has the 2.0 upgrade and I've not seen that yet, so that will be fun !! :)