Nervous Bride... Help

couchigian

We have less than 80 days until our wedding and oh how I have mixed feelings. I have chose a nautical theme and have chosen the cake design, decorations and all. We chose the tapestry room and stage lounge for our on board wedding. I originally chose the wedding to be on boar for guest who can sail to be able to attend. Also I felt it would be nice to wed and then celebrate the entire week. Now I am second guessing myself :confused: I am worried on if it would have been nicer off the ship? Are my pictures going to look ok? Oh all the questions... does anyone have any advice good or bad... pictures anything?

It will be great!! We originally chose the embarkation day wedding so that guests who couldn't sail could attend (and other reasons but that was a big one) but as we were sitting around the pool that afternoon I realized another huge benefit of doing it that way. All of my pre-wedding nervousness and stress was gone and I (and DH and our families) could totally relax and enjoy the whole cruise. While an in port beach wedding would have been cool in a different way, looking back on it I wouldn't have changed a thing. If we'd been married halfway through I wouldn't have fully enjoyed the first half of the trip.

You can definitely still have nice outdoor photos done. We chose to do mostly indoor family photos, but did a few outside shots that I just love. There's a link to my photos in the wedding cruise review in my signature, but we were on Norwegian so I don't know how they would compare to other cruise lines.

Just take a deep breath and relax. I'm also doing embarkation wedding, so we can have non-sailing guests attend. I've seen some pretty amazing on-board photos, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. And FI and I are thinking about getting all dressed up again at one of our ports and having my SIL take some posed photos of us on the beach. That way we don't have all of our photos taken on a ship and get a bit more variety. We also debated a photo shoot after we get back to New Orleans, since that is technically where we are getting married, but we decided we'd rather do it on the beach and didn't want to get dressed up a third time. We also thought about a photo shoot back home in AZ at a gorgeous garden here, but it is wrong time of year and we don't want to do it 10 months after our wedding, here so we scrapped that idea too. So, if you are that worried about having all photos on the ship, you may want to consider another photo shoot afterward or at one of the ports.