Guest Conduct Policy...Corkage Fee?

lyradd

This is from RC's Guest Conduct Policy: Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom.

I'm assuming this is for people that don't have a corkscrew. Is it RC's intention to charge a corkage fee whether you have a corkscrew or not?

The corkage fee is applied when you bring the bottle to a public venue (dining room) to drink. They open it and serve it to you there.

If you open the bottle in your cabin, and pour yourself a glass (you can get glasses from your steward), then there is no corkage fee. There is nothing to stop you from discretely carrying that glass of wine to the dining room or to the theatre.

The corkage fee is only if you take your own bottle of wine to a restaurant. No fee for enjoying the wine in your stateroom. If you need a corkscrew, just ask your room steward. There is no fee to bring you a corkscrew, although a tip for the extra trip would be nice.

The corkage fee is applied when you bring the bottle to a public venue (dining room) to drink. They open it and serve it to you there.

If you open the bottle in your cabin, and pour yourself a glass (you can get glasses from your steward), then there is no corkage fee. There is nothing to stop you from discretely carrying that glass of wine to the dining room or to the theatre.

The corkage fee is only if you take your own bottle of wine to a restaurant. No fee for enjoying the wine in your stateroom. If you need a corkscrew, just ask your room steward. There is no fee to bring you a corkscrew, although a tip for the extra trip would be nice.

Thanks! I figured that was the case, I just wasn't sure.

This is from RC's Guest Conduct Policy: Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom.

I'm assuming this is for people that don't have a corkscrew. Is it RC's intention to charge a corkage fee whether you have a corkscrew or not?

you are charged the fee if the bottle is CONSUMED( not opened) in any public venue. even screw tops.

emphasis on Consumed and Public Venue.

if you drink it in your cabin( or pour yourself a glass in your cabin then walk to dinner) you will not be charged and they will provide you with those little 2 dollar el cheapo travel corkscrews free fer nuthin'.

if you bring even an open bottle to any dining room, or lounge you will be charged the fee.

I just want my understanding of the policy to be clear...we can bring two bottles (the regular sized ones, not the larger bottles) per stateroom, not per person?

Thx!

Correct, two per stateroom, regardless of how many guests are in the stateroom.

I just want my understanding of the policy to be clear...we can bring two bottles (the regular sized ones, not the larger bottles) per stateroom, not per person?

Thx!

Two bottles of 750ml sized wine per stateroom, at embarkation only.