A different cigarette smoke question

luv2brk

Not trying to stir the pot, but that question got me thinking. We are booked on the silhouette in March. This will be our third cruise, one with princess and two with celebrity. On each cruise we have carefully picked the location of our balcony stateroom to avoid noise (though we could sleep thru anything), and each time, including celebrity, we have been next to a smoker. Well this time we chose a balcony guarantee to save a few bucks, assuming noise wouldn't bother us and assuming our luck puts us next to a smoker every time anyhow. I guess it's our fault for not complaining. Now of course I'm concerned we will by one of the designated smoking areas. It would only be fitting!

Has anyone stayed in a balcony room in close proximity to the designated smoking area? Is that even possible?

Great! Thanks for the response Carole. I guess I can only dream about being upgraded to a hump balcony to see for myself;). We really agreed we were fine with anything and then I imagined plumes of smoke. I'll go back to dreaming of warmth on this cold winter day.

Normally the smoke from those sections shouldnt affect you because of the wind.

This may seem strange but Many times I have noticed the smell of smoke from the passengers smoking on their balconies of the ships docked across from us in some ports. 🚬

🌴🍸🍻🍺

Thanks for the responses. We aren't militant non-smoking. Just wouldn't book next to a designated smoking area and then complain about it. We will see if I can handle not having control over choosing my cabin or if we call to upgrade.

I also agree that perfume can be just as bad, gives me headaches worse than cigarette smoke.

I can understand the smoke being worse in port across from other ships. Funny DH and I were next to a "fun ship" in port one day and couldn't believe the commotion coming from that ship.