Melia - Sheraton in Nassau Day Pass

BILKAT2355

So I've been to Nassau and would like to do a relaxing daypass, and I have done the Hilton, not sure it's worth $60. I heard the Melia/Sheraton is a nice place. You don't get food or drink, but everything else for $30.00.

Anyone know of this place? And you opinions are appreciated

thanks

Kathy :)

We are thinking of spending the day at Hotel Melia, I called today and they told me $60/adult $30/child. Includes lunch and one beverage (not sure what type of beverage). The place looks beautiful in pictures. I am wondering how much it would cost to get there by taxi?

We are thinking of spending the day at Hotel Melia, I called today and they told me $60/adult $30/child. Includes lunch and one beverage (not sure what type of beverage). The place looks beautiful in pictures. I am wondering how much it would cost to get there by taxi?

I believe a taxi costs $15 for 2 people, $6 each for additional people. You can also take the #10 bus for $1.25 a person.

I've seen so many different things that I decided to contact them

Here is their response

We are happy, that you choose us as your vacation destination , where a warm Bahamian welcome awaits you. With regards, to the day passes for the day.

Adults= $30.00 per person

Kids from 4-12 yrs. old $15.00. There is no charge for the 2yrs old. If you would like to include lunch as well, at the Oh Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and children 25% off the $50.00.

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00. You can book this when you arrive at the hotel.

Have fun everyone!!

Thanks BILCAT! I was trying to figure out the costs so I'm glad you posted. I'm hoping it will be a safe ride to the hotel with two 16 year-olds. I'd like to take the bus, just because it's cheaper but do you think it's safer taking a cab? We are leaving out of NYC on the 13th. Enjoy your vacation!:)

• 2 months later...

I did it in 2012 when the property was still owned by Sheraton. We had a great time and it was well worth the cost compared to other beach day official excursions. You cannot book in advance. We took the #10 jitney, and that was a hoot. We plan on doing it again this fall.

If my mobility challenged dh leaves the ECV on ship, will the bus and walk to the beach be doable for him? I know it was a jaunt to the curb off the dock, but is that the extent of walking?

I guess a taxi is the alt to getting around. If we taxi there, will dh be able to drive his ECV back to port? Ds could walk with him and the three others could take the bus if this is the case.