Just a word of caution for those sailing on Coral Princess

wilfros

I don't want you to be disappointed as we were...

If you are seated at the early traditional dining (could also affect anytime I guess) and you take your time finishing your meal, this could cause you to miss the highlights of the Captain's Welcome Aboard festivities in the Atrium.

We departed the dining room (last week) and went directly to the Champagne Waterfall to have photos taken. We arrived more than 15 minutes before the scheduled end time for this activity. After waiting for an opportunity, once we arrived at the front of the line they crossed the rope in front of us and started to disassemble the Champagne Glasses.

There were 4 other couples behind us, who also waited about 15 mins for their photos and they too were denied. Others arrived after that who were also disappointed.

So please, if you want to get a photo at the Champagne Waterfall, arrive very early as once the scheduled time of closure arrives, That's It, even if you have waited in line well before the scheduled closing time.

On another note. We had a fantastic time on Coral Princess. She is showing her age somewhat, but absolutely nothing that hindered our cruise in any way.

The Itinerary is out of this world and not to be missed. If you have never seen Panama Canal then you are really missing something.

I may post a review in the coming days, depending on my health conditions. This cruise took a lot out of me and now I need time to recuperate.

I took over 1500 3D photos. If you have a 3D TV and want any type of photo (of the ship, of a particular part of the ship, of the production shows, of the ports, etc.) just let me know and I will forward you a .MPO file that works on the TV and you will see the results in 3D.

I also have some beautiful photos of Royal Princess as she was sitting in port when we arrived in Fort Lauderdale. We also went to the 17th street bridge for sail away and saw her again.

BTW: NFL Playoffs are great on MUTS

On another note. We had a fantastic time on Coral Princess.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

Colo Cruiser, if this is a statement, our cruise ended 2 days ago. If it is a question then please see my highlight above.

We had a fantistic cruise!! :)

Edited by wilfros

Glad you had a great time on the Coral. We will be onboard March 15th. Looking forward to reading your review, when you are up to it. Just a quick question-anything you suggest as a do not miss?

Thanks! Debbie

Glad you had a great time on the Coral. We will be onboard March 15th. Looking forward to reading your review, when you are up to it. Just a quick question-anything you suggest as a do not miss?

Thanks! Debbie

Debbie;

DO NOT MISS:

The forward decks on deck 11 and 10 during the panama canal. The signs indicate things like do not enter or such things but they both are open and most people do not go out because of the signs.

L102.jpg

ALSO, go early and get good seats for the "On the Bayou" Production Show. It is the best at sea presentation I have seen and it is only on Coral and her sister ship (I believe it is Island Princess)

L184.jpg

L225.jpg

Enjoy your cruise. And I was worried about Columbia, but it was one of the best ports of call. The departure from the port is also not to be missed

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Hi, We are boarding the Coral on Feb. 10th. Just curious did you stay on the ship or did you go off the ship to the smaller boat? It is our 1st time during the Panama.

Thank you so much

I am not sure what you mean by smaller boat. You need to take a tender (lifeboat) from Coral Princess to Shore. Then there are a number of shore excursions involving smaller boats. The most popular is the one that crosses to the Pacific Ocean via the Canal.

We booked that excursion but canceled due to information from this site where others were complaining about air conditioning, food and seating. Being not completely well I decided to forego that event and stay on Coral Princess. WE HAD A GREAT DAY!!

We had the whole ship, what felt like, completely to ourselves. no crowds and freedom to go anywhere and get premium views as we transited back to the Atlantic Ocean.

It was a tough decision but, FOR US, it was the best choice.

Hope this answers your question.

One note about the waterfall, that could happen on any ship. They are pretty tight on time to get that thing dismantled for other activities. They also can cut it short if the seas start to get choppy for obvious reasons.

The seas were absolutely calm that night. Also, the only activities that were held in the atrium were photographers continuing to shoot photos, as they were during the "waterfall". The only photographer that did not continue was the one taking the photos of the waterfall.

And please remember, we are talking about 4 couples that were already in line well before the scheduled end. No explanation, no nothing.... just over.

Edited by wilfros

Thank you for sharing your journey. I have the ability to see photos in 3D on my TV but haven't tried that yet. If you would care to share a few I would give it a try.

What did you do in Cartagena?

Also, do you have the ability to scan and email the Patters? I would love to see them before we cruise in March.

My email is bartony3 at yahoo dot com.

I hope you are able to rest up well after your wonderful cruise.

Thank you for sharing your journey. I have the ability to see photos in 3D on my TV but haven't tried that yet. If you would care to share a few I would give it a try.

What did you do in Cartagena?

Also, do you have the ability to scan and email the Patters? I would love to see them before we cruise in March.

My email is bartony3 at yahoo dot com.

I hope you are able to rest up well after your wonderful cruise.

An email has been sent to you.

The seas were absolutely calm that night. Also, the only activities that were held in the atrium were photographers continuing to shoot photos, as they were during the "waterfall". The only photographer that did not continue was the one taking the photos of the waterfall.

And please remember, we are talking about 4 couples that were already in line well before the scheduled end. No explanation, no nothing.... just over.

Was the time that they cut off the photographs the same as the listed ending time for the event? If so that is the explanation.

I was on the Caribbean Princess last week. At the listed ending time, they also stopped picture taking and started dismantling the fountain.

I am not sure what you mean by smaller boat. You need to take a tender (lifeboat) from Coral Princess to Shore. Then there are a number of shore excursions involving smaller boats. The most popular is the one that crosses to the Pacific Ocean via the Canal.

We booked that excursion but canceled due to information from this site where others were complaining about air conditioning, food and seating. Being not completely well I decided to forego that event and stay on Coral Princess. WE HAD A GREAT DAY!!

We had the whole ship, what felt like, completely to ourselves. no crowds and freedom to go anywhere and get premium views as we transited back to the Atlantic Ocean.

It was a tough decision but, FOR US, it was the best choice.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you for your information. That is the excursion I was inquiring about. We are currently booked but are still thinking should we cancel.

Hope you are feeling better and I am looking forward to your review.

Thank you for your information. That is the excursion I was inquiring about. We are currently booked but are still thinking should we cancel.

There is a whole thread about this tour. I will look back and see if I can find it for you. It was very interesting. People actually were able to voice their concerns and everyone benefited.

I will get back and post a link here if I find it.

In the mean time, here is a photo or Royal leaving Fort Lauderdale 2 days ago with Coral in the background (to the right)

R120.jpg

The search was easier than I had earlier thought.

Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961698

Hope this helps

Was the time that they cut off the photographs the same as the listed ending time for the event? If so that is the explanation.

I was on the Caribbean Princess last week. At the listed ending time, they also stopped picture taking and started dismantling the fountain.

My question to you would be the following..

If you arrive at the barber shop (beauty salon) and take a seat waiting for your turn. You wait for 1/2 hour and just when it is your time they shove you out and slam the door, would you be happy??

If, however, when you arrived the notified you they were not taking any other people as they are closing in 1/2 hour and you should not wait, then that would be a totally different thing completely IMHO.

Such was the case here. We arrived, we waited and just as it was our turn, we were "shown the rope" without explanation what so ever.

Just not what I would have expected of Princess and something others should be made aware of. All I am trying to do is let others know this is happening before they stand in line only to be turned away.

My question to you would be the following..

If you arrive at the barber shop (beauty salon) and take a seat waiting for your turn. You wait for 1/2 hour and just when it is your time they shove you out and slam the door, would you be happy??

If, however, when you arrived the notified you they were not taking any other people as they are closing in 1/2 hour and you should not wait, then that would be a totally different thing completely IMHO.

Such was the case here. We arrived, we waited and just as it was our turn, we were "shown the rope" without explanation what so ever.

Just not what I would have expected of Princess and something others should be made aware of. All I am trying to do is let others know this is happening before they stand in line only to be turned away.

You did not answer the question. Was the time they placed the rope the same as the announced cutoff time?

If so that it pretty consistent for cruise ship events.

Thanks! Debbie

Debbdo,

We are thinking about doing this cruise on the coral Nov 20th 2014. We have done NCL the last cruise. Would love to hear more about your cruise when you have time.

Thanks Brent

You did not answer the question. Was the time they placed the rope the same as the announced cutoff time?

If so that it pretty consistent for cruise ship events.

You want to know something, I took note of this, I don't know why, perhaps in preparation of questions just like yours.... It was closed 3.5 minutes prior to the advertised time. I am not completely sure of the amount of seconds involved but I am sure you get the idea.

I hope this answered the question for you.

The idea of 3D pictures from the upper decks sounds like those pics would be something to see. I think my TV would show them - E733 at ATT dot NET

Thanks for the offer!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Anything specific? I just sent one off to another member, it was a shot of the pool area, looking across from the top deck with a sunset in the background. Nice colours but if you want anything else I would be happy to send it to you. Let me know.

As a matter of fact just answer the above if you want anything else. I am forwarding the sunset one to you now. Please let me know if it works for you.

The idea of 3D pictures from the upper decks sounds like those pics would be something to see. I think my TV would show them - E733 at ATT dot NET

Thanks for the offer!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The photo has been sent:)