Latest possible check-in in Miami

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

What is the latest possible time we can embark in Miami? The cruise leaves at 4:00p and our flight is scheduled to land at 10:50a, Saturday morning. I realize that is plenty of time, but if something happens and we miss a connection, we might not arrive in Miami until noon or a tad later. What is the latest I can embark? If we arrive at noon or 15-20 minutes after, would we be okay?

- By the way, I realize that is cutting it close, so I don't need suggestions of leaving earlier, because I work on Friday, therefore leaving earlier is not an option.

I am not sure of the exact time, but last year we flew in the day of the cruise with all arrangements made thru Carnival. Our flight didn't even land in Miami until 2. They picked us up and took us right to the ship. We walked on and it seemed the muster drill was starting. It had to have been around 3.

We know better for this years cruise. :)

I am not sure of the exact time, but last year we flew in the day of the cruise with all arrangements made thru Carnival. Our flight didn't even land in Miami until 2. They picked us up and took us right to the ship. We walked on and it seemed the muster drill was starting. It had to have been around 3.

We know better for this years cruise. :)

So if we book a carnival transfer from the airport, they will wait for us, at least to a certain point?

If it makes you feel any better, we are also flying into Miami the day of our cruise and our flight does not arrive until 12:30pm. We are traveling to Miami from MN so we have to pray that the weather is okay and it doesn't take an hour to de-ice the plane before we take off. I am praying that all will work out okay.

To fly in one day earlier, airfare was quite a bit higher and a bit painful for the 4 of us :(

Our transfers were booked through Carnival so I think we will be alright.

We flew in the day of also. My flight was actually delayed and we didn't leave to an hour after scheduled departure. Luckily most of that time was made up in the air. By the time we got to Miami airport it was about 1:30p. We checked in at the airport cruise desk. Then we had to wait for the carnival transportation bus to fill up before they would leave. The bus drops of passengers at other cruise ships as well. By the time we made it to the port it was about 5 mins before 4. Our cruise left at 4. Talk about cutting it close. But going thru security and making the walk to get on the ship was quick so nooone else was there on a brighter note.

If it makes you feel any better, we are also flying into Miami the day of our cruise and our flight does not arrive until 12:30pm. We are traveling to Miami from MN so we have to pray that the weather is okay and it doesn't take an hour to de-ice the plane before we take off. I am praying that all will work out okay.

To fly in one day earlier, airfare was quite a bit higher and a bit painful for the 4 of us :(

Our transfers were booked through Carnival so I think we will be alright.

So you have flight scheduled for the day before and weather shuts down the airport and your flight is cancelled. NOW you're standby the day of the cruise. The day early doesn't always work. I've flown in over 20 time the same day from KC or St. Louis and never missed a ship. I'd suggest buying the insurance to put your mind at ease.

So if we book a carnival transfer from the airport, they will wait for us, at least to a certain point?

Here is the info on carnival.com about transfers for Miami. Looks like 2:30 is the "latest". http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

I would think there is a better chance of them waiting for you if you've purchased their transfers - than if you have your own transportation. Although the port is not far from the Miami airport - so once you get to Miami you're probably good.

One other thought.....even if you don't go with Carnival transfers. I would it get a contact number for Carnival that you could use to be in touch - if you are running late or run in to a snafu that interferes with your arrival/boarding.