Royal Palms/Tiki versus rest of Seven mile beach?

SLCMRF03

Seven Mile Beach is about 5.5 miles long, and contains multiple "named sections" which are either access points or beach clubs. Info on the various beach clubs can be found in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880444

Access points like Cemetary Beach and Governor's Beach are accessible by taxi or bus, and there are lots of threads in this forum on those beaches if you use the search feature. Those type of access points get you to that section of SMB, but have no facilities of any kind.

Edited by bookbabe

The Royal Palms was nice, but crowded when we were there. They have a pool, bathrooms, food and drink can be purchased and beach loungers can be rented. They have free wifi, but when we first got there there were so many people you could not get a signal. After people started leaving (their ships left before ours) we got a signal.

I can't speak for the rest of the places, but the Royal palms had bathrooms, outdoor showers, lounge chairs and some of those clamshells for shade for rent. I think It would be a good place for a family with a small child, but the pool was for adults only. The beach is lovely! I think it was $2 entry plus the cab ride. It is no problem getting a cab in Georgetown or at the Royal Palms to get back...taxis were all over the place.

Unless you go to a club like the Royal palms I think each hotel/condo/resort has their own lounge chairs for use by their guests only. But perhaps others can chime in!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Do the access points have washrooms? Lounge chairs to rent?

Would a beach club be appropriate with a toddler....or is it an adult party scene?

The access points only have just that...a path giving access to the beach. That's it.

If you want washrooms, chairs, food, watersports, etc. then you need one of the beach clubs. They're not clubs like a night club, although many do have music and a louder crowd in the evenings after the cruise ships have left.

Public Beach/Calico Jacks would probably be my top recommendation for kids, since there's a playground nearby.

The link in my previous post has more details about each of the beach clubs.

Edited by bookbabe

• 5 weeks later...
Do the access points have washrooms? Lounge chairs to rent?

Would a beach club be appropriate with a toddler....or is it an adult party scene?

I just returned from GC on Feb. 23rd. We took the beach shuttle to "Public Beach" for 5.00 ea. Walked from drop off area to the beach, rented chairs for 5.00 ea and 10.00 for a umbrella. There is a restroom with outside showers, a small playground and a nearby trailer that sold water, soda and burgers.

About 200' up the beach is Calico Jacks beach bar that has alcohol and a full menu.