norovirus on celebration

I tried to post yesterday but was unable, agree nosign of any problem, we had the notices staing being served for first fewdays, but was served all cruise with food and staffdoing tea/ coffee for you but all went fine, saw quite a few people not using hand satinisers(even he ships doctor once) staff were all great

Had some some of the cheesecake/muffins/ cookies from the coffee port very nice/ half price if on AI

didn't use mdr/plenty to eat in the lido, seem to time it write and always get a seat, ntertainment very good as always, we had a few late sailaways due to late flights and a missing passenger, and the captain changed our berth in lanzarotte to the first not being too safe, but wasn't affected too much, so we had free tickets on the shuttle (our prebooked discover the north trip was cancelled)

Having just disembarked Celebration in Las Palmas yesterday (having embarked 1st Feb) I can only say in all honesty that absolutely NONE of the very bad things that happened on your cruise happened to us. We had an excellent week with absolutely no problems of any kind.

Yes,great attention is being paid to hygiene with handrails etc being often cleaned. The Lido buffet was all served by staff,and ample chilled bottled water is offered in the MDR.

I always chat to other passengers and I can honestly say that the general level of satisfaction with Celebration seemed high. The staff were absolutely great and just could not do enough for you.

I will shortly be posting a review hopefully.

I am delighted to hear that you had a trouble free cruise. I only wish I could have experienced the same. Perhaps the fact that they kicked us off to clean the ship helped those who came after us. I would much preferred to have a nice relaxing cruise with no issues like yours but unfortunately I did not.

I tried to post yesterday but was unable, agree nosign of any problem, we had the notices staing being served for first fewdays, but was served all cruise with food and staffdoing tea/ coffee for you but all went fine, saw quite a few people not using hand satinisers(even he ships doctor once) staff were all great

Had some some of the cheesecake/muffins/ cookies from the coffee port very nice/ half price if on AI

didn't use mdr/plenty to eat in the lido, seem to time it write and always get a seat, ntertainment very good as always, we had a few late sailaways due to late flights and a missing passenger, and the captain changed our berth in lanzarotte to the first not being too safe, but wasn't affected too much, so we had free tickets on the shuttle (our prebooked discover the north trip was cancelled)

Pleased your holiday is going well :)

How is your balcony cabin MTT?

Excellent news from you guys :) Looking forward to your reviews ;)

On that subject.... I spent quite a while writing a detailed review and when I clicked on the submit icon nothing really happened except I just got a white screen. I went back a page twice and tried again twice but same result,so how can I tell if my review has been received? It was not my broadband as everything else was working. I am new to this board so was just wondering what to do,don't really want to write it all again....

I am delighted to hear that you had a trouble free cruise. I only wish I could have experienced the same. Perhaps the fact that they kicked us off to clean the ship helped those who came after us. I would much preferred to have a nice relaxing cruise with no issues like yours but unfortunately I did not.

I was not in any way doubting or trying to diminish your disastrous experience and I hope my post did not come across like that. I would have been livid if what happened to you had happened to me.

But I did feel that my experiences would be useful to others who have booked and are very worried to read the comments/reviews,as indeed I was, before my trip .

Had the same problem as you Tilford .Spent a fair while writing a review only to find it disappearing when I hit the submit button.Its a shame because we need to balance out some of the negative reviews.I accept rough seas (we had them twice )(always book a mid ships cabin)can seriously affect passengers enjoyment as can missing out ports,lack of sun(it is winter) and no self service in the buffet(rather that than be ill).Two 8 hour waits at Tenerife airport and an overnight in a hotel are a very serious blight on any holiday and my sympathies to the reviewer who had to withstand that.I hope Thomsons well compensate those unlucky people.Having said all that I review as I find and last weeks cruise was great.The weather was good ,ports of call excellent,food in MDR was super and entertainment brilliant as always.Vibration was a little surprising but after a few hours we stopped noticing.Dont look for faults and hopefully you won't find them.Majesty in June next and we know what to expect as we were on her last year.Great ship and hopefully a great holiday.

I always wonder about the pens we use to sign for drinks. What do we do wash our hands every time we use pen that could have been used by a carrier?

We use a hand sanitiser called Q shield three times a day. Supposed to kill all nasties.

Read an artical that says if you are near anybody who vomits then you stand a good chance of catching the noro, as it becomes airbourne. That's why to protect yourself, it's best to get away as quick as possible.

It's often I think just down to luck.

Pleased your holiday is going well :)

How is your balcony cabin MTT?

sorry not been on for a while enjoyed the balcony very much, so nice to sit out in peace and quiet, would def go in 1 again, cabin 5 was quite a good siz only had 1 wardrobe but we managed, staff came midway thru the cruise and gave the balcony a good clean, notleft to the cabin steward, we were told mixed about the smoking on balconys, but saw people leaving out make shift ashtrays, the bathroom look pretty new, it was nice to have fresh air in the cabin, nice to sit our with the great view of maderia

sorry not been on for a while enjoyed the balcony very much, so nice to sit out in peace and quiet, would def go in 1 again, cabin 5 was quite a good siz only had 1 wardrobe but we managed, staff came midway thru the cruise and gave the balcony a good clean, notleft to the cabin steward, we were told mixed about the smoking on balconys, but saw people leaving out make shift ashtrays, the bathroom look pretty new, it was nice to have fresh air in the cabin, nice to sit our with the great view of maderia

I would like to test drive a balcony one of these days ;)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

I would like to test drive a balcony one of these days ;)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

might look into this next year for the adriatic on the celebration, may be siz of us going and the balconys had doors in the dividers handy for people booking cabins next to each other, and you do get the premier service it does not mention this in the brochure

might look into this next year for the adriatic on the celebration, may be siz of us going and the balconys had doors in the dividers handy for people booking cabins next to each other, and you do get the premier service it does not mention this in the brochure

A balcony on Celebration in the Adriatic.

That's a nice sentence!;)