"Sideway-oriented" interior cabins on the Royal

beachgirl50

We are interested in booking one of the interior cabins on the Royal which are sideways oriented with the longer dimension of the cabin running parallel to the hallway. We would appreciate any thoughts and, if available, pictures of this type of cabin. Thanks!

We have booked 2 of these cabins on the Royal for our March 30th cruise. They are set up differently where you walk in and your bed and bath will be to the right and left of you. They feel much more spacious and if you can get one than you won't be disappointed. I am terrible at posting links but if you look at page 9 for a post 2 weeks on the Royal Princess by dmwnc1959 you will find not only an amazing review but many pictures including photos of a sideways cabin that he had for his voyage. You can also use the seach feature to find photos. Have a great trip.

if you look on the deck plans you can tell that they are different from the regular cabins. They're aren't many of them, we had one on the Emerald, riviera deck 514. On the Royal we have B425 and B419, baja deck. I just went and looked at the deck plans, to make it easier the cabin numbers also run sideways they are horizontal on the page where the other cabins they run vertical

Edited by debandbruce

We had already booked one of these cabins on the Royal for a New England cruise this fall, so we are glad to hear all the positive comments. First time on the Royal, and first time in one of the quirky little sideways cabins! Enjoy your upcoming cruise, debandbruce!

My sister had one on the T/A last October and we've booked them for our T/A in September. They are definitely more spacious as you enter the cabin directly from the outside.

ydu6apa3.jpg

emujygy2.jpg

unypuvep.jpg

Pam or Rick, are my eyes playing tricks on me? Is that a single & a double bed in that cabin???

Steve

Pam or Rick, are my eyes playing tricks on me? Is that a single & a double bed in that cabin???
Those are single beds which can be combined for a queen. I'm pretty sure Dave has photos of the cabin made up as a queen. Either way, it's roomier than a standard inside cabin (or oceanview, for that matter.)

We just got off the Royal yesterday! We were in one of these rooms--A323. They are 175 sq. ft. We usually get a balcony, but this was pretty much a late book cruise. (we were on the Royal for the Nov 10 sailing) We had plenty of room and we really enjoyed the set up! We commented several times during the week how much we liked it and how much better we were sleeping due to the darkness in the room. There was plenty of storage--in fact, we had several shelves that went unused! We had it set up as a queen room. We would definitely book another room in this category! By the way--we loved our room steward--her name was Juliet. First time in 10 cruises that we ever had a female--she was awesome!!

We had another awesome cruise on the Royal!! Great food, great service, great crowd!! Amazing that it really was a completely different cruise experience with a different cruise director! Sam got off a couple of weeks ago and it was Ron for this cruise. Both were great cruises!!

I had a 'sideways' inside cabin for two weeks on Royal Princess and really enjoyed the cabin and layout, as compared to the standard inside I had last year on Ruby Princess. My exact cabin had a firewall forward of it, so there was no cabin forward of mine, and the cabin aft of me had the bathroom/closet areas back-to-back with my cabin, so I never heard any noise (conversation, television, etc.) at all.

I'm pretty sure Dave has photos of the cabin made up as a queen.

Pictures of stateroom C406, with the beds made up into the queen configuration...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40867904&postcount=273

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40867964&postcount=275

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thanks Pam & Dave! We are aware that the 2 twins make a queen, it just looked like the bed on the right in Pam's photo looked a lot larger than the bed on the left!

Steve

You can also see "dent" where they connect! we must be seeing things. LOL