Ship time on Carnival

alizas3figs

Hi all! Does anyone know if Carnival changes ship time to match port time? If the ship is scheduled to arrive at 8am and the excursion leaves at 8:30am island time would that mean I have 30 minutes to disembark or 90 minutes? I'm booking excursions and I want to make sure I book times that we can do. Thanks!

Hi all! Does anyone know if Carnival changes ship time to match port time? If the ship is scheduled to arrive at 8am and the excursion leaves at 8:30am island time would that mean I have 30 minutes to disembark or 90 minutes? I'm booking excursions and I want to make sure I book times that we can do. Thanks!

You will stay on time zone where you boarded the ship.:)

Not true about staying on time zone where you board the ship. It is up to the captain to decide about time changes.

It depends where you are traveling.

We have experienced at least one time change during a cruise and it does not match the port or the place where we embarked!

You will stay on time zone where you boarded the ship.:)

Never seen a time change. It usually stays the same from the port it departs.

Thats just from my experience though. I do not have the actual facts.

The Freedom changed "Ships time" twice on our cruise to Panama a few years ago. It was in the Fun Times the evening before the change and announced over the speakers several times the next morning.

The cruise out of San Juan always remains on DST and doesn't change when we change our clocks back an hour. I don't know if that's how a ship leaving say Miami on the Saturday before would do it or if they'd leave it that way for entire sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In my 10 Carnival Cruises we have never changed times, they reminded us that they islands we were on was such and such time behind or ahead, and to always set a watch to match the time of the ship.

On our 55 Carnival Cruises we have often changed time. Unfortunately there are times when there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the change. Early in our cruising careers we called Carnival to ask about time changes on a specific cruise and were given erroneous information (what a surprise, incorrect information on the phone from Carnival!) So it is the Captain's call and a crap shoot as to whether you will have a time change on a cruise that goes to different time zones. Good luck.

If you have independent excursions, they know what the ship schedule is and adjust their time schedule to yours. You shouldn't worry too much about that. I usually send an e-mail to the excursion company clarifying time differences and what that means to me. Have fun.