Triumph going to Cozumel and Progresso; question

wework2play

For those of you that have been on this cruise, do you recall which side, port or starboard, faced the dock while in port? I realize it's a gamble, but I really love people watching from my balcony while in port so I'd like to see what the most common placement is.

Thanks everyone!

For those of you that have been on this cruise, do you recall which side, port or starboard, faced the dock while in port? I realize it's a gamble, but I really love people watching from my balcony while in port so I'd like to see what the most common placement is.

Thanks everyone!

Sailed on the Triumph Jan 18th in Progreso Port side was dock side in Cozumel Starboard was dock side. In Cozumel it seems to depend is your in with another ship and what size that ship is.

I have been to Cozumel three times on Carnival in the last 18 months. If you port at the new pier (which Carnival normally does), land will. Be port side. However, there is almost always two ship side by side in port. I have been on the sea side of this docking every single time (three times on Triumph). However, it is a pretty interesting view to be sitting that close to another ship in port.

progreso is an a interesting port. It has extremely shallow water and they have had to build an extremely long land pier to accommodate Carnival. The ship comes in a really tight channel and does this massive 180 in a really small area. The starboard side of the ship ends up facing the land but it is literally miles and miles away. If you are into it, the early morning docking at Progresso is super. It is really tight quarters and the ship really churns up the shallow water. Best place to watch is port side forward and low.

I have been to Cozumel three times on Carnival in the last 18 months. If you port at the new pier (which Carnival normally does), land will. Be port side. However, there is almost always two ship side by side in port. I have been on the sea side of this docking every single time (three times on Triumph). However, it is a pretty interesting view to be sitting that close to another ship in port.

progreso is an a interesting port. It has extremely shallow water and they have had to build an extremely long land pier to accommodate Carnival. The ship comes in a really tight channel and does this massive 180 in a really small area. The starboard side of the ship ends up facing the land but it is literally miles and miles away. If you are into it, the early morning docking at Progresso is super. It is really tight quarters and the ship really churns up the shallow water. Best place to watch is port side forward and low.

That's some really cool and interesting information! I can't wait to check that out when we get to Progresso in March. Thanks!!!

I am leaving on Triumph this Saturday and have our 1st balcony room!!yay...we are on the starboard side..any idea how to find out what time we will be docking at the ports or even an estimated time so I can watch from our balcony if that side happens to work out?

• 1 month later...