Norwegian Epic and Carnival Breeze (Mini review/comparison)

HazelSmrf

Epic is suppose to be going to Barcelona in March 2015 - still wishing for Carnival. :(

Questions for the Epic:

1. How did you like the bathroom layout? I like privacy and it freaks me out, lol!!

2. Were the pool areas crowded?

3. I heard you pay for the shows on the Epic? Is that true, if so how much?

4. Did you use the gym/classes? Pay rate for classes?

Thanks in advance!!

Bathroom didn't bother me, I was there with my husband and we have an "open door" policy though so ummm, maybe not the best person to ask :)

The pool areas were full but it wasn't too bad, you could still find chairs around, just not RIGHT next to the pool.

You only pay for the Cirque supper show, which we didn't do.

I didn't use the gym or classes on the Epic, so not sure on the prices. I used the gym on the Breeze and it was alright for cardio, but there weren't even any barbells for deadlifts etc.

on the Breeze, do you have a server for the wine and water? is the wine glass is filled when it is empty or it asks if you want to change the kind of wine? Than, you, i will on Breeze next april 26.

Errmmm, I think it was just our regular server. I didn't have wine with supper so I can't answer that.

Oh one more comparision in favor of the Epic, the photo system! During our cruise when the photographer would take a photo on the Epic they'd ask for your room number, key it in to their nifty Iphone app or whatever it was, and then all your photos were together for viewing. On the Breeze, you have to hunt down your own photos all over the boards because they don't use that service. It REALLY made it easier. Also the photos were cheaper on the Epic, it was 20 photos for 200$ I believe, and I paid 20$ extra for a USB stick and the copies of all of the photos on it. On the Breeze there was no package that brought the per photo price down so in the end we only bought 4 photos and it was about 90$. No digital copies were offered.

Edited by HazelSmrf

Do you recall anything about the band playing in the Ocean Plaza? Do you have the fun times to check?

On our Breeze cruise last April, we were very disappointed in the entertainment, but found a fabulous band (Love Souljaz - now on Imagination) and lived in the Ocean Plaza evenings. Just wondering if you remember what kind of music is there now or if they drew a crowd.

Do you recall any 50's / 60's type music in an evening venue?

Piano bar was just OK on our cruise. How was it on yours?

I sail tomorrow (solo) and will find out for myself. But I'm actually trying to decide on the Cheers program and having a place to "hang out" for the evening will be a factor. Thanks!

Do you recall anything about the band playing in the Ocean Plaza? Do you have the fun times to check?

On our Breeze cruise last April, we were very disappointed in the entertainment, but found a fabulous band (Love Souljaz - now on Imagination) and lived in the Ocean Plaza evenings. Just wondering if you remember what kind of music is there now or if they drew a crowd.

Do you recall any 50's / 60's type music in an evening venue?

Piano bar was just OK on our cruise. How was it on yours?

I sail tomorrow (solo) and will find out for myself. But I'm actually trying to decide on the Cheers program and having a place to "hang out" for the evening will be a factor. Thanks!

I tossed the Funtimes before leaving the ship but I do remember the band playing were called the Mambo Kings or something like that. I did notice a small crowd there some nights. There were people dancing along. I never made it to the piano bar on the Breeze so I can't comment on that.

No, food wasn't really something that I went looking for as I had weight loss surgery in 2012 and I'm full after like 5 bites :) It made cruising a much different experience let me tell you!

I had the same surgery in September; first cruise since is coming in in 37 days.

Can't wait! I will be cheap date as no pop (always got the soda card previously) and no booze!!!

Should be interesting.

Andy

:eek:

Thanks for the comparison. We tried NCL back in 2005 and were not overly impressed but just came off the NCL Sun on 1/12/14 and were VERY impressed with NCL. Service, food and entertainment were all much better than on our last CCL cruise on The Breeze. Nothing wrong with trying out any and all cruise lines if the itinerary and price is right. :)

Edited by PROCRUISE

Yup, the perks of being a repeat cruiser to a line are not enough to make me not want to experience other lines. We've really enjoyed our cruises so far, but being docked next to ships from the Celebrity and Disney lines made us think we'd really love to experience those as well, and I'd love to have a chance to try the RCCL megaships :)

We were on the Breeze with you. Agree with the bottleneck comment....at times anyway.

But you are dead on about the CD. He seemed a bit arrogant and not sincere. Wonder why Carnival has him on their "flagship".

He was annoying.

We had Butch on the Breeze, February 2013, and he was nothing but FUN.

Thanks OP for the comparison. I was looking at Epic, but went with Breeze since it was a new ship. If DD cruises with us again, we will have to try Epic. She loves BMG.