Dawn Owners Suites (decks 9 & 10)

BabsterA

I just made the final payment for Cabin 10006 on the Dawn and thank everyone that helped me arrive at this decision. The first NCL experience for my son's girlfriend (this January on the Jewel in a 2BR Haven Suite) has turned her into a total cruise junkie. They both rearranged their crazy college class schedule so they can join me in three weeks for my birthday cruise on the Getaway.

I was a little concerned that they'd miss the privacy afforded by having the 2nd full bedroom, but they both assured me that they'd sleep on the floor or balcony just to be able to go on the cruise. And they really like the idea of having the sunrise and the sound of the waves just outside the slider near their bed.

Thank you again for providing the great input along with your opinions! You've all really helped me decide on this cabin. The video of 10506 (port corner/sister cabin) provided such good visuals! I'll come back with pics of the bed made out in the living room along with the kids' evaluation of the comfort level. My son is a part time musician/full time exhausted student and can sleep on a brick, but his girlfriend will likely provide a 'normal' assessment.

• 4 weeks later...
I have 10006 booked for October 9, 2015. Please let me know what you think of the room and possibly what perks you get during your cruise. Maybe even some more pictures, pictures are always great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will get 3 bottles booze from a list, unlimited water and soda. Lavazza machine with coffee and tea pods. Two balconies - one side and one large front. Menus were in room for specialty restaurants. DVD player on tv in both rooms.

Room was in need of some TLC though in terms of wood, light switches, hole where old tv was, etc.

Do a search on 10006 or 10506 and you'll find some pics.

You will get 3 bottles booze from a list, unlimited water and soda. Lavazza machine with coffee and tea pods. Two balconies - one side and one large front. Menus were in room for specialty restaurants. DVD player on tv in both rooms.

Room was in need of some TLC though in terms of wood, light switches, hole where old tv was, etc.

Do a search on 10006 or 10506 and you'll find some pics.

Thanks for the info! Have seen some pictures, looks pretty nice.

We've never stayed in a deck 9 OS but we have stayed in 10506 on the Dawn and 10006 on the Jewel. LOVED them! We prefer deck 10 for the larger living room with the separate dining area and the larger bathroom with the awesome round window!

The front balcony is smaller on deck 10 but the front is mostly unusable while at sea due to wind -- but the side deck works at sea. The front deck was perfect, though, when we went through the Panama Canal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for the pics! Just off the Getaway and looking forward to a smaller ship where you don't have to book everything online months in advance to insure getting to go to that venue. Well, maybe not months, but definitely days for many of the 'big' onboard venues.

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for the pics! Just off the Getaway and looking forward to a smaller ship where you don't have to book everything online months in advance to insure getting to go to that venue. Well, maybe not months, but definitely days for many of the 'big' onboard venues.

Hopefully I am not being a pain here. But I am getting excited to be staying in 10006 later this year. Could you maybe grab some new pictures and/or possibly a video of the suite? Really looking forward to seeing it for myself in October! Have a great trip

I wouldn't even consider this suite in your situation, unless you are happy letting your son and his girlfriend sleep in the bedroom, and you sleep on the sofa bed and use the guest toilet.

Edited by sho

I'll get some new pictures since we're boarding on Sunday. I'm all packed now and waiting for the car service to take me to the airport. The sleeper sofa pictured looks a lot like the one we had on the Getaway and the kids did just fine with it, but I'll grab pictures of it made out and let you know how it worked out.

We are hugely excited and looking forward to this new experience. We did get the concierge letter a couple of weeks ago and received a response to our email within a couple of days. So far, so good!

When you get into the room, check out the round window in the bathroom. There is a camera right there so you might want to keep that shade down. I don't know what it looks at but it just freaked me out when I saw it. Other than that you feel like a queen the room to move around and the way you are treated. Hope you have Virginia, she is wonderful.

When you get into the room, check out the round window in the bathroom. There is a camera right there so you might want to keep that shade down. I don't know what it looks at but it just freaked me out when I saw it. Other than that you feel like a queen the room to move around and the way you are treated. Hope you have Virginia, she is wonderful.

My guess is that you are talking about the camera right under the bridge? If so, I believe that is the bow cam of the ship. I have never seen it looking anywhere but at the small pool on the bow.

My guess is that you are talking about the camera right under the bridge? If so, I believe that is the bow cam of the ship. I have never seen it looking anywhere but at the small pool on the bow.

The ones that show the bow of the ship are in the bridge right by the shades that they can pull down. There is one as you look out the round window to the left that looks down the side of the ship to the aft. I looked for it and I'd say you'd have to stand right at the round window to actually get looked at if they even had it zoomed that way vs. the length of the ship. Plus you have that little stool chair there that you'd have to move.

ETA some pictures. Sorry - couldn't get the image to rotate, but this is from the side balcony. Looks like a movable camera but when I looked out the round window I wasn't too worried about it.

SAM_1735_zpsca1f9399.jpg

The cameras on the bow view are in the area between the two seated guys but near the top of the windows:

SAM_1739_zps4d942f9f.jpg

View of the deck 10 front balcony from very forward section of bridge:

SAM_1748_zps477955e6.jpg

Edited by dexddd

I'll get some new pictures since we're boarding on Sunday. I'm all packed now and waiting for the car service to take me to the airport. The sleeper sofa pictured looks a lot like the one we had on the Getaway and the kids did just fine with it, but I'll grab pictures of it made out and let you know how it worked out.

We are hugely excited and looking forward to this new experience. We did get the concierge letter a couple of weeks ago and received a response to our email within a couple of days. So far, so good!

Have a good time. They had stored ketchup, mustard, extra utensils in the cabinet behind the dining table - closest to the entry door. The menus, binoculars, latitudes info they put in the area to the right of the white couch (to the right of the door that adjoins the cabin to the aft).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So how did your cruise go? How did you like the room?