Allure of the Seas....bed location question

hi all,

I'm just about to book a last minute balcony room(either Central park view or Boardwalk view) for my parents for this April on Allure of the Seas.This is their first time. I have read that some rooms have the bed located beside the closet(which is a tight space) or beside the balcony(the preferred location).

Does anyone know on which side of the ship, the bed-next-to-the balcony cabins are located?

Also, my parents have chosen and inside facing balcony because they like to people watch.Most of their time will be spent exploring the ship and out of the room but would like to have the option of relaxing on the balcony to people-watch or have a drink or quick bite to eat.

Any comments on which inside balcony cabin to choose (Central park vs Boardwalk) and why? thanks for any help or suggestions

The beds alternate - one room will have the bed next to the balcony, the adjoining room will be next to the closet. Best bet is to see which specific cabins they are looking to book and see if you can find information on those cabins or on adjacent ones to determine configuration.

WRT the Boardwalk v Central Park, Boardwalk will be noisier (on average) and Central Park quieter. My only concern with the interior balconies is that if you are in your cabin, you'll want to keep your curtains drawn or the people in the balconies across from you will be able to people-watch YOU. :)

hi Jobeth66,

thanks for the quick reply. I will take your advice-there are a few cabin choices and I will figure the bed placement from there. I wonder if i call customer service at RC if they can tell me exactly based on cabin number. I've also been checking a site where specific cabins are rated and travellers can post pictures of actual cabins, but I haven't found the specific cabins I've been researching.

Also, re: adjoining rooms. One of the cabins I was looking at, is an adjoining room. Have you ever had one of those types of room? My question is, are those rooms more susceptible to noise issues from their adjoining room because they share a common door?

I remember reading that more than once in other people's posts. thanks

We did a Boardwalk Balcony. I liked it "ok." We were on deck 12, cabin 12305. Our bed was by the balcony. So each side of us was by the closet. If you look at the deck plans you can figure, at least for deck 12 port side Boardwalk, where the bed will be. We were below the zip line landing area (2 decks). I actually enjoyed watching the zip line. I liked sitting out on the balcony and watching the people below as well as up on the sports deck. I also enjoyed being able to see the Aquatheater even from a bit of a distance, and the ocean. There is a "secret" balcony at the end of deck 12 that we used for an impromptu party.

We had friends who stayed on a Central Park balcony. They complained of constant music and noise from the pool deck. They were also on deck 12 in the last cabin aft on the port side. That may have factored into it. But I have been on Allure twice and Oasis twice and I don't ever remember seeing anyone sitting on a Central Park balcony, but see people all the time on the Boardwalk balcony.

Eitherway, you lose privacy and will have some noise. But my personal preference would be the Boardwalk. Then again, I'm an ocean balcony kind of person.