Earliest flight home??

11jrob11

OK, from another thread, it looks like I am going to go on the Fascination. It arrives back in Jacksonville at 8:00. What would be the safest (earliest) time to find a return flight home?

I found a 10:45 flight and not sure if that would give me enough time to get to the airport. How log does it take to go from the port to the airport?

thoughts??

OK, from another thread, it looks like I am going to go on the Fascination. It arrives back in Jacksonville at 8:00. What would be the safest (earliest) time to find a return flight home?

I found a 10:45 flight and not sure if that would give me enough time to get to the airport. How log does it take to go from the port to the airport?

thoughts??

The Fascination for some reason has the slowest debark I have ever had. And I do mean all 4 times we sailed on her. I don't know if its a customs problem or what the situation is, but don't plan on being off before 8:30 to 9:00 and that is if you are lucky and if you do self assist and walk off first.

No way would I book a 10:45 flight......

On our Fascination cruise, we were the last section to debark, drove 1 1/2 hours & ate an early lunch at 11:30 in our home town. Customs was no problem at all. They didn't even look at our passports, they were only interested in the declaration sheet. I would probably give myself a little more time, though because of security at the airport.

Edited by silverpenguin

I live in jacksonville. The distance from the port to the airport shouldn't be your concern. It's inly a few miles. But the concern is whether it not your ship gets back on time. The ship needs clearance to go under our Dames

Point Bridge. The tides affect that. In December our friends were very late due to that and fog. The ship has been held up numerous times and you might not want to risk it. As far as traveling from jax port to JIA- it's like 15 minutes, 20 tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One REALLY important thing to consider, even if you feel like you have enough time, is that if for some reason you do NOT make your flight, any claim against your insurance company will be DENIED since you knowingly booked a flight earlier than Carnival's guidelines.

We had Platinum debarkation and we didn't make it to our car until almost 10:00am (and this was on a perfectly clear day, with no delays getting back to JAX. We were docked before sunrise). I know I would've been sweating bullets if I would've had a flight to catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We have several times had flights at or around that time. We always made it, but not without some major rushing and stress. It kid of ruins the glow of a great week to have to rush and get aggravated. So many things can go wrong. Last cruise our flight out of Miami was 1:30 p.m. Ahhhhhh... so much better. Had a nice relaxing breakfast, strolled off the ship at around 10, leisurely trip to and through airport security, waited a little for our flight and home by 4:30. Awesome.