FOS Kids program questions

mickev99

My kids are 9, 9, and 11. For anyone who has been on Freedom recently and utilized the Adventure Ocean kid's program, I have a few questions.

1) Do they offer lunch and play between 12-2 (for a charge) for each sea day? How does that work, do they take them to Windjammer? The kids will be with us on port days, so I'm not concerned about those, but if there are things that we want to do without the kids, I'd like that option on sea days.

2) Do they offer Adventure Dining (dinner) each evening, or only specific evenings? If only some evenings, which ones are they? Again, do they take them to Windjammer?

3) Does anyone have a recent copy of the daily guides for Adventure Ocean that they would be willing to post here or email to me? Would love to see ages 9-11 for me. Will also be traveling with a 12 year old nephew and 16 year old niece, so if you have an example of those, that would be great so that they could also have an idea of what's included in their programs.

Thanks!

I am sailing with my grandchildren ages 3 to 8 and hope when someone has the answers to your questions they also can include answers for the younger kids. We will also have an 8 month old in our group so any info about Royal Tots would be appreciated. Thanks

My kids are 9, 9, and 11. For anyone who has been on Freedom recently and utilized the Adventure Ocean kid's program, I have a few questions.

1) Do they offer lunch and play between 12-2 (for a charge) for each sea day? How does that work, do they take them to Windjammer? The kids will be with us on port days, so I'm not concerned about those, but if there are things that we want to do without the kids, I'd like that option on sea days.

2) Do they offer Adventure Dining (dinner) each evening, or only specific evenings? If only some evenings, which ones are they? Again, do they take them to Windjammer?

3) Does anyone have a recent copy of the daily guides for Adventure Ocean that they would be willing to post here or email to me? Would love to see ages 9-11 for me. Will also be traveling with a 12 year old nephew and 16 year old niece, so if you have an example of those, that would be great so that they could also have an idea of what's included in their programs.

Thanks![/quote]

It's been a couple years since we've been on Freedom, but I know AO evening was at least 2 nights. Both were formal nights. I've only done lunchtime a couple times, but they took the kids to WJ.

I am sailing with my grandchildren ages 3 to 8 and hope when someone has the answers to your questions they also can include answers for the younger kids. We will also have an 8 month old in our group so any info about Royal Tots would be appreciated. Thanks

I just found this post on the family cruises page, it doesn't answer all questions, but might give you some helpful ideas about the tots program.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980136

Anyone? Surely there have got to be a few people that have traveled with kids on Freedom recently that can answer these questions?

I have read many past posts and reviews, and have seen different information, where lunch and dinner were offered on all days, and then other reviews where they were offered only on some days, so I wanted to find out what is happening on recent FOS cruises.

Thanks!

I don't have the brainpower yet to get the kid compass info up (or even find it all right now LOL), but I do want to say that on our very very recent (disembarked on the 2nd) Freedom cruise they had the 6-8s and 9-11s all in together.

My 9 year old quite liked the program. I think he still would choose Disney's Dream kid programming over Freedom's, but he did like Freedom's.

For the 16 year old...the family we dined with had a 16 year old and he had a BLAST in their program. Made friends very quickly and we would see their group all over the ship. One night a girl had a really big asthma attack in the teen area and help had to be called, and they had all bonded so quickly that our dining companion was extremely upset and scared that she had not made it after she was whisked away. The program seemed to be VERY good for the teens in the way that it allowed for such strong, though brief, friendships to be created.

I don't have the brainpower yet to get the kid compass info up (or even find it all right now LOL), but I do want to say that on our very very recent (disembarked on the 2nd) Freedom cruise they had the 6-8s and 9-11s all in together.

My 9 year old quite liked the program. I think he still would choose Disney's Dream kid programming over Freedom's, but he did like Freedom's.

For the 16 year old...the family we dined with had a 16 year old and he had a BLAST in their program. Made friends very quickly and we would see their group all over the ship. One night a girl had a really big asthma attack in the teen area and help had to be called, and they had all bonded so quickly that our dining companion was extremely upset and scared that she had not made it after she was whisked away. The program seemed to be VERY good for the teens in the way that it allowed for such strong, though brief, friendships to be created.

That's good to hear about the teen program. My 16 year old niece is shy, so I'm hoping she will meet some good friends.

About the 9 year old, did they offer the Lunch and Play for a fee on each sea day? How often did they offer Adventure Dining for dinner, do you remember? I plan on having them with us for most meals, but would like to know in case there are other things that are happening at the same time.

Thanks!

That's good to hear about the teen program. My 16 year old niece is shy, so I'm hoping she will meet some good friends.

About the 9 year old, did they offer the Lunch and Play for a fee on each sea day? How often did they offer Adventure Dining for dinner, do you remember? I plan on having them with us for most meals, but would like to know in case there are other things that are happening at the same time.

Thanks!

I'd suggest she definitely attend the first night as that's when the friendships are made. I know they do dinner on the formal nights. We never did that or lunches as we prefer to eat meals as a family.

Thanks!

My 16yo DD is outgoing and I don't think ever met a stranger. :D

I'll also have an 8yo DD (sometimes shy) and 10 yo DS (shy) on the trip.